Chapter Twenty-Four

Frank P.O.V

I was far beyond simply panicking. Mary was on her own, and was probably on her way to having that poor little baby- alone. Of course her father was nowhere to be found, and the baby's father himself. I should've moved into my motel room, or forced her to let me stay over. It's not like her father cared about her welfare anyway, or the baby's. Gerard could sense that I was feeling upset, as his hand had snaked over to hold mine. His thumb rubbed across my knuckles, fingers squeezing mine to let me know that he was still here for me. I sighed, looking out of the window, trying to calm the kaleidoscope of butterflies in my stomach.

"It's okay Frankie, we'll get there in time. She'll be completely fine, the baby will be completely fine. Everything will be fine." He said in a calm tone, which somewhat helped me to focus on being strong. I sniffled silently as Gerard raced along the somewhat busy roads. He remained calm throughout the entire journey- it felt like hours and hours.

We arrived at her house, the lights were off. Her father's car wasn't in the driveway, and the front door was locked. I banged on the door, shouting and begging for her to open it, to prove to me that she wasn't dead. But there was silence. Gerard implored me to stand back; he kicked the door off its hinges. The blood wooden obstacles landed with a crash on the floor, the house still seemed to be silent.

"Mary?" I called out, hands shaking, eyes stinging with emotion. I wouldn't be able to cope if she was hurt, if she was in any danger. Gerard checked the downstairs, as I frantically ran up the stairs to search for her. Bathroom- empty. Her bedroom- empty. Even her father's room was empty. I began to panicking again, completely forgetting that there was one room that I hadn't checked yet. The nursery. The room that Mary had spent so much time decorating, building- all on her own. With a little help from me now and again, but I dreaded to think what was behind that door. "Mary?" I called out in a croak, my voice breaking as I tried not to cry. I pushed the door open, the creak of the hinges amplified by my paranoia.

"Frankie?" An exhausted voice called, my hand fumbled for the switch on the wall. Flicking that switch on revealed the carnage that I was standing in. Her blood covered the floor, her skin was a pale grey. I knelt down in front of her, noticing the sleeping baby in her arms. Her once bright eyes were dull, lifeless. She was bleeding out, and it was almost too late.

"Mary, oh- oh God. What happened? Why are you bleeding everywhere?" I asked frantically, she put a finger to her lips, looking down at the little soul. She looked down at the baby, it's little hand balled into a fist near it's face.

"He came out feet first, the pain- the pain was all worth it. He's beautiful, but I think I've lost a lot of blood. Like a lot." Her words were slurred, but the baby in her arms didn't stir. He was alive, I could see the soft rise and fall of his small stomach as she breathed. Mary had managed to wrap him in a blanket, to keep the little thing warm. I implored her to stay put, as I scrambled to the door.

"Gerard, call for an ambulance she's bleeding everywhere." I screamed to Gerard from the top of the stairs. I heard him call something back to me, before I heard him mumbling something. He was already on the phone to the operator. I hurried back to the room, to find Mary in more of a lucid state of consciousness. I prodded her cheek energetically, anything to keep her from passing out. She smiled at me, her free arm reaching up to cup my cheek.

"You know Frankie, I love you. You're like a brother to me," She said quietly, tears welling in her eyes. I told her to stop talking, begging her to save her energy for something better than me, "And I love you more than words could ever say. I want to tell you who his real father is, I've been lying to you Frankie." She said quietly, choking back tears through her pain.

"Please Mary, please stop. You're not going to die you're okay." I said, shaking my head, feeling my eyes burn even more.

"His dad didn't just leave me, he didn't just leave town. He's been here all of this time, punishing me for every breath that I've ever taken. My own dad. And now he's disappeared, he left me like this. I couldn't tell you Frankie, you would've killed him." She said, stray droplets falling down her once lively, caring face. I shushed her, the little boy in her arms was silent and still. I sniffled, tears falling down my face now.

"I'll kill him. I'll find him and kill him I swear." I said, sobbing violently now. She shushed me this time, trying to calm me down.

"You'll do no such thing Frank Iero." She said, scolding me for my violent behaviour. I heard somebody bounding up the stairs, the door to the nursery was ajar. I heard their footsteps creak as the person towards us both. It was Gerard, he was looking around carefully. His mouth formed an 'O' shape as he spotted almost all of Mary's blood on the floor. He turned to face us both, Mary's pained face twisting into a smile. "Nice to meet you sir, I see you've made my Frank very happy. Well, I should call him your Frank now." She giggled, then began to cough. Still, the baby didn't stir.

"Mary, please, save your energy. The ambulance are on their way-" he began, before she shushed him, looking down at the little boy again.

"There's no point in saving anything. All that I want you two to do is promise me that you'll look after each other, and promise me that you'll look after my boy." She said stubbornly, yet her tears still fell. Through her pain she managed to stare at each of us with that furrowed brow that she would do when I was reluctant to do something for her.

"You're not-"

"That's not promising me Frank."

"I promise. But you're not going to die. You're not allowed, you aren't going anywhere." I repeated, trying to assure myself and her that everything was fine.

"Not everything can be fixed Frank. Just- please, look after my boy. For me?" She asked, her bottom lip trembling. I nodded, knowing what was coming. She reached for my hand again, trying her hardest to squeeze my fingers.
"And you, Mr Amazing. You look after both of my boys. Do you promise me?"

"I promise." Gerard said softly, she smiled at him. She sighed, looking down at the baby. A single tear fell onto his head, his brow furrowed like hers did.

The room was bathed in blue and red lights, her head lolled aimlessly. She had no strength left, no blood left to run her body. Gerard ran downstairs to tell the paramedics where she was- but it was all to no avail. They prised the soundless baby from her arms, shoving him hastily into Gerard's arms. I sobbed loudly, as they tried everything to bring her back.

She was gone.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- For Everything A Reason by Carina Round

A.N
Such emotion. Can't handle. AH!
I have an idea for a sequel, idk if anybody would wanna know tbh- this chapter is only half of the 'drama' I have planned ;3

Lemme know what you think?? Don't forget to vote because it helps me out a lot lot lot ;)