Chapter Three - Mister Fire You

For the slightest second, I was frightened. I mean, if you saw this guy, you would’ve been, too. I simply stood there with my hand on my head waiting for him to give me the biggest shout of his life. When he said nothing, I audibly sighed.

“You…imbecile,” Mr. Fancy Pants – or so-called Mr. Christopher Livingston – whispered at a tone that was barely noticeable.

“Excuse me, but–” I cut in, but was quickly interrupted.

You…You destroyed my car!”

“No, someone hit me from behind!”

“That was my favorite car!” His arms shook beside his torso as he balled his fists tightly. His face was completely flushed with anger, but honestly…he looked like a five year-old throwing a tantrum. After feeling a laugh make its way up my throat, I covered it up with a small cough.

“You think this is funny?” his nostrils flared and it wasn’t making the situation any less funny.

“What? No,” I blurted out while trying my hardest to not giggle.

This Livingston guy’s narrowed green eyes simply studied me for a minute. He scrutinized my entire face before harshly shutting his eyes.

I know I’m not that pretty, but dang, you don’t have to be so harsh!

“Tyler,” Livingston growled. Mr. Hawkins twitched at the way his first name was called. “You will have this girl pay for the damage costs of my car,”

Well, I can’t say I didn’t see that coming…but I can’t go down without a fight, right?

“Dude, it wasn’t my fault!”

“I will get your information and you will pay for the damage. Do you understand me?” He folded his arms.

“No, I don’t,” He seemed a little surprised by my answer. “You’re wealthy! You can go buy another car for all I care! I bet you don’t even know how much it’ll cost to get it fixed! You can afford it, not me!” I nearly yelled toward the end of my “speech”.

Oh,” he elongated in a sarcastic manner. I also noticed how much closer to me he was than earlier. Our feet were less than a foot apart – the perfect grab-and-attack type of distance. “So you want to play the poor girl card.”

“That’s not what I said!”

“We’ll see how poor you are without a job!” Then he turned to Mr. Hawkins – or Tyler for that fact. “Fire her,”

It's not much, but I wanted to post another chapter. I've decided to make these beginning chapters short for now. Eventually, they'll prolong :)