It's Time

Author's Ramble: So.. This one is one I dont recommend ANY of my friends/family or boyfriend reading. You've been warned.  This is a dream/nightmare I just woke up from not even 5 minutes ago. So I figured I would write it. I started writing this on March 2nd, 2012 at 12:02 AM and finished this on March 2nd at 7:55PM. I'm not going to lie, even i cried writing this, which is why i dont recommend any friend/family or Rain reading it. I love you guys though.

=================================================

Numero Tres:

His eyes slowly looked over the room slowly. Benjamin been in that room constantly, stuck in bed, for the last month or more. There was the vase of flowers that his boyfriend had replaced once every four days, there was the giant teddy bear his boyfriend had gotten him when his smaller one was stolen, in his lap sat said smaller teddy bear, safe and returned to him.

The clean, crisp white bedsheets which were changed every day disgusted him, they were a constant reminder of what was happening to him. The bed which had usually graced his room had been removed, replaced with a bed made for getting out of easier, with railings and god-knows-what-else. A hospital bed. On the left side of him was a heart monitor, an IV stand with saline bag attached and a morphine drip. On his right side, was the most perfect creation he'd even seen, lying next to him, sound asleep with his arms wrapped around the bedbound boy's waist.

Rain. Complete perfection, all around as far as Benjamin was concerned. His breathing was deep and even, unlike the sick boys, whose breath was speeding up and becoming impossible to regulate. There was a pounding in his chest, slower than it should have been actually, and a weight settled onto his lungs, turning his breathes from irregular and deep to irregular and shallow.

He knew that in the next room was his sister, his niece, his best friend and a hospice nurse who came once a day to "check up" on him, keep him comfortable and make sure Benjamin had all that he needed. She was friendly and young, becoming good friends with his sister and best friend within days.

Slowly, Benjamin grabbed his keychain, which held only four keys. One to his car, one to the front door and one to the back door of his house and one to the door of the room that Rain and Benjamin laid in just that moment. Carefully, the boy took off one single key, hiding it under the pillow his head rested upon. The key to his room.

Shaking his boyfriends shoulders gently, Benjamin roused Rain from his sleep.

"Baby? I'm hungry... would you mind going to get me a banana?"

Rain's eyes lit up at the prospect of Benjamin actually being hungry, he hadn't been hungry in weeks and never once asked for food.

"Sure, I'll be right back."

"Lock the door behind you so nobody walks in, I'm going to change real quickly," Benjamin handed Rain the remaining three keys on a keychain and watched his boyfriend leave the room, locking the door on the way out even as Benjamin's vision blurred and dimmed. With nobody in the room, Benjamin stopped forcing himself to remain calm, he stopped forcing himself to breathe deeply and he cried for the first time in a long time.

He didn't regret what he'd just done.

* * *

"Rain? What are you doing out here?" Candy, Benjamin's sister question, watching as he entered the kitchen. He never left the room unless it was to use the bathroom or take a shower, food was usually just brought to them, that's how it had been for the last week or so, making sure that Rain never had to leave her brother's side.

Candy looked towards his hands, where he held a yellow fruit, and grimaced. "Then why get a banana? He hates them."

The boyfriend smiled uncertainly, his eyes darting towards the locked door of the bedroom momentarily. "Then... why would he ask for one? He said he was hungry and wanted one."

With quick and sure strides, she walked to the door and turned the knob, cussing loudly when she found it to be locked.

"I have the key, hold on," Rain dug around in his pocket, and tried to fit all three keys into the doorknob. "None of them work..."

Candy knocked on the door softly, calling out her brother's name, but there was no answer like there usually was. Her knocking sped up, and with her free hand she kept twisting and turning the doorknob. "BENNY!"

By now, both Benjamin's best friend and hospice nurse had made it to the door and Nurse Joy dug in her pocket for the key she knew she had, and jammed it into the keyhole after shoving Candy's hands away.

They were too late. Benjamin had only sent Rain out of the room because he knew his time was out, the cancer had finally done what they'd all been pretending wouldn't happen. It had killed him. Not wanting to leave this life in his boyfriends arms, something he was sure would haunt Rain, he instead sent him away.