Chapter Five

Logan

       I headed to my hotel.

       I didn't really have a home, but that didn't matter much. My parents were never a big part of my life. Too busy to worry about me, well I didn't worry about them either.

       Even after they died.

       This hotel was made especially for vampires, on the darker side of town. It was almost humorous how the government had separated us so. In fact, Jackson High was one of three schools on the whole South side that allowed Vampires and Humans to educate "together". What is even more humorous is that dumb line they use to separate us. I would've laughed out loud if they would've told me ahead of time.

        A beautiful vampire sat in front of the check-in desk. Her ivory skin and dark blue eyes enticed me in ways I never knew before. Vampires were such sexual creatures, it was almost a bad thing. I had never been so attracted to women in my life. I could barely control myself around Hansel.

       That need to be near her, to hold her, kiss her, all things that are forbidden, was too strong. Her fiery attitude had turned me on more than she knew.

       I was hopeless.

       "You never have anyone come with you to your room, can I ask why?" The dark haired seductress asked while handing me the key to my room.

       "Why, you wanna come?" I asked her and her eyes flickered with desire, she ran her tongue across her teeth, along with the small fangs.

       "Are you offering?" She retorted and I smiled.

       "No," I answered before turning and heading up to my room. That had been harder than I thought it would be. This whole vampire thing was ridiculous, I was a pervert.

       I walked past a few conference rooms, but something that was being said stopped me. I heard her name. "Hansel will come around..." was all that I heard before turning around. Snooping was never a good look, especially for a new vampire. But anything that involved Hansel, included me as well.

      Perhaps I was taking this whole, "she's mine" thing a bit too far. When they all of a sudden stopped talking I turned on my heel and began to walk to my room. Hopefully they wouldn't see me before I turned the corner, thankfully they didn't. Or if they did, they didn't approach me.

     A vampire stood in the hallway, making a phone call in which he was cursing the person out while airing out all of the (I'm guessing) girls dirty laundry. The guy wasn't the most attractive thing to walk the earth either, in fact he was down right ugly. It made me wonder why he would be the one cursing and yelling when he wasn't exactly the best either.

     But it was none of my business.

     I finally made it to my room, but once I entered I had a feeling that I wasn't alone. I saw a shadow of a figure in the living room area of the suite and I could've sworn that my heart began to pound. I crept in slowly but then the person spoke, "it's no use New Born. I can smell you," he said in a disgusted manner.

     I sniffed myself for good measure, well wasn't it his lucky day. I smelled damn good. "What's with this whole New Born thing," I started while walking into the living room. "My name is Logan." I saw him.

     The aura around him yelled power, he was definitely old. Maybe an Original, hell I didn't know. "I don't care what your name is. But what I do care about is," he turned and all doubt about him being Original disappeared. His eyes were black, completely. The Originals couldn't hide that, it was just how they were. "Your interest in Hansel." He picked up a picture that I had of Hansel and I when we were young.

     "I could ask you the same," I dared and he smiled wickedly.

     "I'm being questioned... by a New Born." He cackled, "oh what is the world coming to?" In a blink he had me by my throat a wicked gleam in his eye. "I could snap your throat," one of his long brown nails dug into my flesh causing black liquid to sliver down my neck. "But I won't, not yet anyway." He said before letting me go. The wound on my neck healed quickly and I scanned the room for a weapon.

     "I wouldn't do that if I were you," the mysterious vampire sang while sitting gracefully on the couch. "My name is Dracula II but I go by Drake now, more modern." He said as if we were friendly acquaintances rather than a man who had just threatened to kill me.

     "Well, what do you want Drake?" I asked and he smiled.

     "Well Hansel of course, she's a very... special girl. I just need to know what you want with her. If it contradicts with our plans then we have a problem. But if you simply want to fuck her brains out, be my guest." Drake said simply as bile rose in my throat. Did he really just say that?

     "I'm not a pig," I said defensively.

     "No, but you are a vampire... and a guy. So, you definitely have... urges." Drake said before flipping on the television. Well just make yourself at home, I thought. "Thank you," Drake answered and I glared. Stop reading my thoughts, and Drake smiled. "Then stop thinking."