Chapter 2

Flo's Pov

"Lets dance" Jack said grabbing my hand and taking me to the dance floor. 

"We're at a party, with alcohol and free rooms, Jack I'm pretty sure the last thing you want to do is dance" I told him with a knowing smile.

"Marry me" He said staring into my eyes and catching me off guard. 

"What?"  asked clearly shocked.

We had met about 6 months ago and even though for some weeks he was away I had traveled with him some, but I though it was just fooling around for him.

"I love you" he said and I'm pretty sure my heart just hit the ground, "Marry me, move in with me" He said.

I just stared at him, not knowing what to say, was he drunk? was he actually serious? 

His eyes suddenly went wide " I mean-"

"Yes, dammit Jack. Where's my rock?" I asked and then his expression turned into one of relieved to a deer caught on headlights.

"oh right, I didn't plan that far" He muttered and I chuckled. 

"We'll go tomorrow and you'll pick out the one you love most" he said and we shared a passionate kiss.

"What are you thinking about?" Jack asked pulling me from my thoughts and hugging me from behind.

"The night you asked me to marry me" I told him smiling " I can't believe you did that at a lame party,"

Jack chuckled "After your comment I realized that I couldn't lose you" 

"I love you" I told him pulling him  for a kiss just like the one we shared that night.

We danced some more and I grew hungry. 

"I'm hungry. I'm going to get some sandwiches or whatever there is on the table. Go mingle, I've been hogging you all day" I told him.

He kissed me one more time and walked away as I made my way towards the table which was a hard feat since  had a real long dress and heels that were starting to hurt my feet. 

I slipped away from the party and up to my hotel room, I was going to wear a shorter dress with my bathing suit underneath and put some flip flops on. I mean, come on, I spent nearly half the day in heels I think I deserved a break and maybe a dip in the water, right?

"You look beautiful tonight" A voice said startling me once I exited my room. 

Oh god no, prayed to the god that I didn't believe in that it wasn't who I thought it was.

I recognized his voice though, the same voice that tormented my dreams for years. I had longed to hear him, but now? I couldn't stand the sight of him.

"Thanks" I said awkwardly

Was I suppose to ignore what happened all those years ago? Was I supposed to forget how he left me heartbroken?

Martin and I were best friends, high school sweethearts but a week before the wedding he left to who knows where without as much as a letter.

"Look Martin" I said placing a hand on his chest when he interrupted me "I made a mistake all those years ago and I came to say I'm sorry-" he started to say but I wouldn't hear any of it.

We were now walking into the party again as I tried so desperately to get away from him, I wouldn't let him ruin what would be the best day of my life.

"You made a mistake? you're sorry? It's a joke, right? Don't you think its a bit late for that?  It took you 10 years! I waited for you for years, you asshole. you know I've thought over and over of all the things I would say to you when I finally saw you, but I don't care anymore. This is my wedding, and you're not going to ruin it." I told him now furious.

How dare he? Was he serious? I had a hot temper and anything could set me off, but what Martin was saying was honestly ridiculous. 

"Is there a problem?" Jack asked standing next to me and grabbing my hand. 

 "No, he was just leaving" I said giving Martin a glare.

"Oh, you're not staying for the party? Are any of the other guys here too?" Jack asked him and Martin looked straight at me and said " Nah, had a long day, congratulations. see ya" 

Some nerve he had showing up after 10 years.

"You've met him before?" Jack asked em and I nodded and gave him a tight smile.

"Yeah we dated back in high school" I told him and grabbed his hand leading him back to the party. The last thing I wanted was to think about was the year after he left and how I packed up my bags and left Andover, Massachusetts with all of my memories with him and came here to Baltimore where I met Jill, got a job, and survived my first and last heartbreak, i swore of relationships after that and only Jack was able to change that.

"I want to hear more about that later" Jack whispered into my ear and I chuckled.

"Nothing to worry about, babe."

A/N: 

Hi hoped you liked this chapter! 

-Flo