Chapter 1

JILLIAN VANCE: Present time

BOOM BOOM BOOM

I didn't want to open my eyes. It couldn't have been more than an hour ago since I had last gone to sleep after staying up with my 6 year old daughter, Summer, for most of the night. Summer had unfortunately contracted one of those nasty  viruses from school and she couldn't hold down anything, not even a cup of water.

The pounding noise stopped and I sighed relieved, only for it to start again.

Getting up I looked at the time 4:30 AM.

"This better be good" I muttered quietly as I walked to the door.

"Jill, Jill , Jill" My best friend and roommate Flo shouted coming through the door and I groaned.

"Where's your key?!  I was sleeping!" I cried.

" I forgot it, but guess what?!"  She asked surprisingly full of energy even though its 4 AM.

"JACK PROPOSED TO ME" she screamed and I groaned.

"SHUT UP ! You're going to wake up Summer. And I thought you were dating that Tom guy?"

"No I broke up with him like a year ago after I found him with one of my boots." She replied confusing me even more.

It was too late for this, err.. well early, for this.

"Boots?" I asked.

"Yeah, I don't know some shoe fetish. I'm pretty sure I told you this. Anyways, the wedding is next week because he's flying to LA to finish up a record, and that's where half our honeymoon is going to be at then we're going to London." She said excitedly.

"Wait, back up, he's in a band?" I asked.

"Yeah, The dancing chairs, they're really good, and they grew up in this town! Do you know them?"

The dancing chairs, they were more than god, they were amazing.

I would call myself a fan if it weren't for the fact that Alex Lessi was the lead singer.

 "Yeah I do we went to high school together, I'm going to bed. We'll talk wedding plans tomorrow. I have no idea how you're going to plan this in one week." I said but sleeping was nearly impossible because staring at the ceiling memories of Alex flooded my brain, I remembered the day he left with promises to keep in touch which were broken a year later.

----

It was a nice summer wedding in the early afternoon. Flo had chosen a nice spot at the beach and she looked absolutely stunning in her white long simple dress. Her corset made her figure stand out and was beautifully decorated with some sparkles that made her shine even more than her smile did.

At the end of each seated aisles there were bouquets with many types of different orchids of all colors. Seated in white chairs set in the sand were all of Flo's and Jack's close friends and family, all in beach attire for comfort.

"God Flo, I can't believe you're actually doing this" I told her.

"Its insane, right?" She asked smiling wide.

When she had told me she bumped into him after he was done with a gig at a local bar and had gone home with him I immediately asked her if she was pregnant. But of course she denied it, they had been together for two months and he finally popped he question catching her off guard, but knowing Flo, she lived for impulsive decisions like these. 

Looking at Summer my thoughts drifted.

There was no denying that she was Alex's daughter.

Alex was Jack's best friend and band mate and sooner than later he will get a glimpse of her and question me.