Chapter 7: Suspicions Arise

I was pretty sure that Josh's presence in the forest had a bigger reason behind it besides looking for me and why wasn't Niall there? Those two boys are inseparable, well it used to be the three of us just like the three musketeers but i guess even they needed a break from each other right? 

I grunt as I lay down on my bed and place my phone on the dresser next to me; I always have the questions but I never get the answers and that's a problem I've been facing my whole life. My phone starts ringing and I lazily reach over to answer.

"Hello?" I say into the phone.

"Hey Liam," the familiar Irish voice replied back.

"Niall mate, where have you been today?"

"I was at the police station being questioned about Lillian's disappearance for the third time," his voice was on edge the same way it would be when he was telling a lie but I couldn't rat him out for that.

"Did they get anything out of you?" I ask trying to sound more concerned and less curious.

"I told them what I tell them every time."

"I heard that whoever took Lillian threatened her family to leave," I stated adding a sigh at the end.

"What idiot told you that?"

I'm talking to that idiot right now, I thought to myself as I rolled my eyes.

"Can't remember but I do believe he was blonde, irish and my best mate. I'm probably wrong though," the other end went dead silent.

He is up to something, Niall is never quiet not when he talks to me.

A minute or so later, "Na mate you probably got the details wrong again."

I force a chuckle out, "Probably, anyway was there a purpose to this phone call?"

"Na mate Josh told me you were asking about me so you know I called," he sounded more unsure than ever.

"Ah alright thanks for checking in mate, see you later."

He ended the phone call and I placed my phone back on the dresser and stayed in bed. I was starting up at the ceiling as my thoughts ran wild, but to be honest I was scared to find out who took her. Mainly because my suspicions have arisen and they're aimed towards my best mates and that would end terribly for all of us.

My eye lids started getting heavy and the next thing I know I've fallen asleep.

Not exactly sure what time it was when I woke up but it was definitely the middle of the night and I heard voices coming from downstairs. I snuck out my room and crept towards the stairs, I could make out three shadows coming from my living room. My mum was one of them of course, Niall was the second one, I could tell from his voice, and wherever Niall goes Josh follows. Now what would my two best mates have to talk about with my mum?