Chapter 33 - To Infinity And Beyond

~ Chapter 33 ~

Tempest let me dress in privacy. Perhaps he wanted the same effect as before. I'm not too sure. I took my time with getting freshened up. I bathed in lovely fragrances and moisturized my skin to perfection. I sprayed my favorite and Tempest's favorite perfume on and then looked to the bag that I was given. I wonder what it looks like. I know it's gorgeous. I opened the bag and saw an all white dress that faded to silver at the bottom. It was strapless and utterly gorgeous. I looked for a strapless bra and a pair of underwear but I didn't see any. He doesn't want you wearing any. I guess not. I blushed wildly as I slipped my way into the floor length dress and noticed the slit that came all the way up to my waist, exposing my freshly shaven right leg. Scandalous. I noticed accessories that were also in the bag, along with a box of shoes. I made my way over to the bathroom and began to curl my hair into a style. I then grabbed my accessories and put them on and wore my shoes. I took a second to look at myself in the mirror only to be stunned once again. My makeup wasn't dramatic, it was just right. I looked great.

There was a knock at my door.

"Mom, everyone's ready," Saix. I thought it would be Tempest for sure.

"I'm ready," I said.

I heard the door open and was greeted by the sounds of awe by my children. I turned and beamed at them.

"How do I look?" I asked my boys nervously.

"Mom..." They murmured completely stunned.

"Now, I really know why father fell in love with you," Axel breathed.

"Mother, you're beautiful-" Kalix said.

"No, beautiful doesn't begin to touch on how divine you look," Alcide smiled.

"Divine is an understatement," Saix said firmly.

"You truly are the epitome of perfection," Zerin said with a sigh.

I blushed and cocked my head to the side. My sons were so dapper. They reminded me of younger Tempests' and it was just too much to see. Alcide and Zerin with their blonde hair and blue eyes. Saix with his pure identical features. Phoenix looked more like me in the face. Kalix and Axel both had curly black hair and green eyes. Just beautiful. I sighed.

"I'm the lucky one," I said with a smile. "I've got eight beautiful men and one perfect daughter." I brought my hand up to cup each of their faces, and like a child would, they leaned into my touch. "You each... mean so much." Zerin grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes.

"Don't," he said softly. "Don't do this to us. Not now." I frowned a little and met Saix's eyes. He nodded in agreement and held my other hand.

"Mom," Saix started with a smile. "You don't know this because father won't tell you, but, he's breaking inside. He needs you, and we need you both. Let this night be fun and happy. If we cry, cry tears of joy. Laugh until our stomachs hurt, but do not bring up death or despair. Dad needs to see you happy, he needs to know you're alright. And as long as you two are happy and in love, we will be fine. I promise you."

I smiled as he wrapped his arms around me. He held me close to him and in that moment I knew that they wouldn't give up on us. I felt myself tear up, I shook my head and pulled away from him and dabbed my eyes.

"Let's go," I breathed a smile.

We walked down in a uniform fashion. My boys were before me. We walked to the foyer of the palace where Zora, Tempest, and Fabian waited patiently. My boys stood in front of me.

"Father," Saix started. "You have to promise you will carry out your word and not attempt to seduce mom until the night is over." I blushed wildly. I heard him chuckle.