Chapter 8 - Opened

~ Chapter 8 ~

"Kitten, you didn't have to do that," Aric murmured.

"I did." I said. "It's why I was crying. It's not something I like remembering, or something I like people knowing. Even Charles didn't know that my own biological father raped me. No one did. You see, that scarred me. I'm a broken Human being. I am lost, I'm corrupt. It's why I don't believe in anything anymore."

"It's why you bow down to no one, why you hate being submissive, because you've been out of control so many times." Tempest murmured.

"I'm not bowing down to you all, ever." I said firmly. "You are my equals." They scoffed.

"No." They said.

"Suit yourself." I huffed. "You may not see it now, but we are equal. I'm fucked up and you're fucked up. My slate is tainted and there's no way to clean it."

"Being fucked up isn't something you should be proud of." Rex grumbled.

"If you think I'm proud of what happened to me I ought to take a knife to your throat." I said sharply. "I wanted to grow up like a regular child. I didn't expect my father to put his hands on me, I expected him to drink himself to death. But not all men can tell the difference between their dead wives and their young daughters."

"Calm down, Zelda." Alucard said softly. "Don't take your rage out on him, or any of us in the matter. We don't understand why those things impact Humans like they do."

I stared at him incredulously.

"In other words, in each of our cultures whenever someone's raped or molested the accused is killed on spot-or nothing happens to him. The victim is temporarily bothered by it then they're fine. For Humans it's completely different, it's devastating, it's unforgivable-" I cut Valen off immediately.

"How do you forgive a man for raping you?!" I yelled as tears threatened me again. "You don't fucking forgive the people that sexually abuse you, Valen! You kill them!" They sighed and frowned. "I don't expect you to understand. So stop trying."

"Zelda-"

"I don't want to share battle scars, okay? You know my past, my history, my torment... now, I want you to keep that knowledge but forget it in my presence. I don't need your fucking pity." I spat. I rose to my feet and ran my hands through my hair. "You can leave now."

They opened their mouths to protest. I glared. None of them said anything as they left. I just headed to my bedroom and laid on the bed.

I closed my eyes. As far as I'm concerned this day never happened.

Because it was Sunday the next morning I was able to sleep in. Everything that happened yesterday was completely forgotten, suppressed. I wanted to keep it that way.

The sun sliced through my drapes and poked my closed eyelids forcing me to wake up. I groaned and smiled. It seemed like a good day. My stomach rumbled. Well let's get you fed. I got up and grabbed my things for the shower. It wasn't as full as I thought it would be for a Sunday morning.

I dressed quickly, in a pair of skinny jeans and a cute crop top. I slipped on a pair of shoes and brushed my straight hair. I walked out to see Lynn and Greg walking out of her room hand in hand. The most disgusting part about it was that they weren't that far from me. Ew. Lynn turned and ran up to me when she saw me.

"Oh, my! You're better!" She said happily as her arms encompassed me. "We were so scared, we thought you'd never make it. Humans are so weak when it comes to illnesses." I chuckled and pushed her away gently.