Chapter 13

Picture of Paws on top.

Evangeline

"Evangeline?" called out Charlotte as she barged into my room. I was cozying reading a novel on my bed, wrapped up in a soft fleece blanket with a mug filled with lukewarm hot chocolate on my bedside table. It was a perfect way to spend my Sunday morning. I stopped reading my book, Behind Ellie's Smile, and looked up at her curiously, "Yeah?" A grin appeared on Charlotte's face, "I have a surprise for you!" she said mysteriously while wiggling her eyebrows. I looked at her curiously, crocking my head to the side, "What is it?" Charlotte laughed, "It wouldn't be a surprise anymore if I told you silly billy! Now get dressed in something casual and wear comfortable shoes!" I nodded my head, deciding to just do as I was told rather than ask any more questions, "Alright, see you in a bit then Charmander." Charlotte beamed, "See you Eevee!" and with that, she skipped out of my room. I giggled at our Pokemon themed nicknames before placing my book on my bedside table and making my way in front of my closet. "Mmm, something casual...what should I wear?" I thought to myself. "Evangeline, how about the baby blue sundress and pair that with white Vans?" suggested Winter. I grinned, "Perfect! Thank you, Winter! You're the best!" I slipped on the dress, shoes and tied a matching light blue ribbon in my hair. "What kind of makeup look should I do?" I asked Winter. My wolf thought about it for a while before answering, "Something natural...just put on a coat of black mascara, baby pink lipstick and a dust of rosy blush." I smiled and did my makeup just like Winter told me to do. Having a wolf at a time like these is just wonderful. It's like having a constant best friend at all times, day and night. "You look beautiful Evangeline." Winter complimented happily as I twirled like a princess in front of my mirror. I smiled, "It's all thanks to you, Winter! You really are the little fashionista."

Once I was ready, I made my way downstairs and was greeted enthusiastically by Charlotte and Maxwell. "Hey guys, where is everyone else?" I asked as I noticed that the pack house was unusually quiet, too quiet that it was abnormal. They looked at each other, seeming to communicate only using their eyes before Charlotte broke the silence and replied, "Um... they are all busy, you know, doing pack work and training..." I looked at her suspiciously, "I thought the pack had a day off today..." Charlotte laughed nervously, fiddling with the hem of her hoodie, "Um, well, maybe they just wanted to work extra hard!" I nodded my head, deciding not to question her further, she looked like she was about to have a nervous breakdown, "Okay... anyway, what's your surprise?" Maxwell smiled at me, "You'll just have to see Evangeline. You'll find out soon, don't worry." That only made me more curious. Charlotte grinned and grabbed my head, guiding me outside, towards the car, "Get in the car Evangeline!" I obeyed her and did as I was told, slipping into the back seat. Maxwell got in the driver's seat while Charlotte got in the passenger seat. "Where are we going?" I asked them, hoping that they will finally give me at least a clue to where we were headed. "Stop asking questions, Evangeline! You just have to wait and see!" answered Maxwell, cackling evilly. I grew worried, "What the heck was that laugh? Oh goodness, please don't tell me that you are here to take me to hell..." Charlotte turned around to face me and placed a blindfold in my hand. "Nonsense Eevee, now put that on and no peeking!" Charlotte ordered. I rolled my eyes but put on the blindfold anyways, letting the darkness take over my vision. "Can you see anything?" Charlotte asked. I snorted, "Yes, I can see my dark future that awaits." Maxwell and Charlottes' peals of laughter filled my ears, "Jeez Eevee, your sense of humor is on point." A thought popped into my mind, "Am I being kidnapped?" I wondered out loud. Maxwell and Charlotte laughed, "Why would we ever kidnap you silly billy?" questioned Charlotte. I shrugged and decided to stay quiet for the rest of the car ride, my brain going over every possible thing that the surprise could be. 

I felt the car come to a halt and I heard someone open my passenger door. "Can I take the blindfold off now?" I asked, tugging on the tied bow behind my head, tired of the darkness and wanting to see the world in all its glory again. Charlotte took my hand and helped me out, "Not yet, but soon I promise. Patience Eevee." I felt Maxwell and Charlotte each take one of my hand and lead me somewhere. "If I hurt myself or fall, I will blame both of you," I warned while walking blindly, the only thing guiding me was light tugs of hands. "Don't worry Evangeline, just trust us, we got you," answered Maxwell, chuckling at my grumpiness. We continue to walk for a while until I felt Maxwell and Charlotte come to a stop and drop my hands. "Guys? Are we there?" I questioned, reaching around blindly. Charlotte giggled, "Yep! Let me take off your blindfold now." I felt the knot loosen before lights entered my world once again, it felt heavenly before the rays of the hot summer sun hit me. "Arrggghh, why is it so bright," I groaned, shielding my eyes from the blinding brightness. I suddenly heard a lot of laughers and I curiously opened my eyes slowly, letting my eyes get gradually used to the brightness. When my eyes finally adjusted to the light, I gasped at the sight in front of me.