Chapter 10

Picture of on Maxwell top.

Evangeline

I managed to wake up bright and early today as it was training day. I got dressed in my usual training attires before making my way downstairs for a hearty breakfast. The house was still pretty quiet as I assume everyone was still asleep. It was peaceful sitting there, nursing a cup of tea and listening to the birds outside chirp their songs. I suddenly heard footsteps approaching me, "Oh, good morning Evangeline! Wait...Evangeline? The same Evangeline we have to practically drag out of bed each morning? What are you doing here and awake?" exclaimed Charlotte in a complete state of shock. I laughed at her disbelief, "Oh come on, I am capable of waking up on my own sometimes. I had to get up early today I wanted to head down to the training fields to practice before the duels take place." Charlotte got over her initial shock and smiled, "That is a great idea! Well, you are going to need to fuel up if you are going to practice that much! A cup of tea is not enough, what would you like for breakfast? I can make anything!" I grinned, "Anything? Well, then I request chicken noodle soup." Charlotte gave me a weird look but did not argue. She grabbed a can of chicken noodle soup from the pantry, "I am not even going to ask..." Charlotte shook her head as she started to prepare the soup. I beamed from my seat, "It was something that my mom always made for me when I was little. I love chicken noodle soup so much that she allowed me to eat it for breakfast on occasions." Charlotte turned to look at me and carefully said, "You must miss her a lot." I smiled sadly and looked down at my almost emptied cup of tea, "I do, she was the best mom anyone could ask for."

Once the soup was ready and served, I thanked Charlotte and started eating. "How is it?" asked Charlotte as she cleaned the pots and ladle used to make my soup. I gulped the warm liquid before answering, "It is delicious! I am going to have so much energy to let out on the training grounds!" Charlotte smiled, "You better dominate out there Eevee! Get a good tan in for me too, I can not attend training today as Maxwell requested me to help him with some pack work." I nodded, "I will! Good luck with the pack work Charlotte." She smiled once again before exiting the room. "Winter? Are you ready to train?" I asked my wolf. "You bet I am! That soup was tasty and restored my energy to the maximum!" she answered cheerfully.

I walked on the crisp, newly watered grass and inhaled the fresh morning air, mentally preparing myself for the exercise that was to follow. "Alright, let's do this Winter!" I let my wolf take over my human side and soon I was on all fours. We first warmed up by sprinting laps around the vast field and then we took time to stretch. Once all of our muscles were warmed up, we started practicing all of the techniques we learned since the first day of training. "We are looking good Evangeline!" Winter huffed out during our quick break. "I agree, I just hope we will be able to do well during the duels today," I replied. "I am positive that we will be fine!" Winter assured me. We continued our individual training until we spotted Blake and a few other pack members come to view, "Good morning Evangeline and Winter. Please do not mind us and carry on with your training while we wait for the rest of the students to arrive," he said, in full Alpha mode. We nodded our understanding and carried on with our solo training until more and more students showed up. Once everyone was present, we hid behind a tree to shift back into our human self.

"Alright class, gather round everyone and listen up," commanded Blake in his powerful Alpha voice. I walked over and joined the rest of the group. "Today is going to be a very special training session. As you all know we are not going to teach any new techniques today and are going to only do duels today. I will be choosing who you will be going against so please listening carefully when your names are called." We listened attentively as Blake read out all of the pair names until finally, he called out Winter and me, "Evangeline and Winter, you will be up against, Toby and Thor." I looked over at a tall blonde guy who was grinning and waving at us, that must be Toby, he looks quite strong. I thought to myself as I walked towards him, "Hi! Nice to meet you fighting partner." Toby smiled back, "Nice to meet you, Evangeline, I have heard a lot about you. You are the werewolf that beat Caleb's ass on your very first day of training." I grinned, "Sure did! Are you a friend of Caleb?" Toby smirked, "Well, he is my twin brother so yeah, I'd say we are pretty good friends." My eyes grew wide, "Twin brother? But you guys don't look anything alike! I would have never guessed." Toby shrugged, "We get that a lot but yes we are twins, at least, I hope that the truth and that mom did not lie to us." I laughed, "Let us hope not, what a revelation that would be. Anyways, that is so cool though, I have always wanted to befriend twins!" Toby chuckled, "Well your wish is now granted."