Chapter 5

Picture of Jamie on top.

Evangeline

I woke up the next morning with a smile plastered on my face, reminiscing on yesterday's ceremony. It was official now, I am a member of the Crescent Moon Pack."Good morning Winter!" I exclaimed happily as I stretched. "Good morning Evangeline!" Winter answered, sounding just as cheerful. I took a glance at the digital clock on the bedside table and let out a yelp when I realized what time it was. I jumped out of bed, "Crap, Winter! It is already past eight! We are so late for training!" my voice panicky. "Yikes Evangeline, we are in deep shiitake mushrooms. Just stop talking human and hurry up!" my wolf, Winter answered, her voice sounding just as frantic as mine.

After the ceremony, Blake asked me if I wanted to start werewolf training. I thought about it for a few seconds before deciding that the new me needed to learn to be able to defend myself as well as get physically stronger so that I will be able to fight my own battles one day. Right at that moment, I made it my goal to become a pack warrior someday and I was not going to let anything stop me. The first day of training starts at seven-thirty and now I was rushing like a maniac trying to get my workout gear on and get out the door as fast as possible. Being late will not give me a good first impression at all. I have a feeling that the trainers are going to kill me before I even have the chance to learn any self-defense moves.

I hurriedly did my morning routine then threw my hair up into a messy bun and slipped on a black sports bra, Adidas shorts, and some black and white Nike tennis shoes. I ran out of my bedroom as fast as my legs could take me and sprinted down the flight of stairs, praying to my lucky stars that I do not trip on the step. I rapidly stepped into the kitchen to quickly grab a granola bar, only stopping to say a "good morning" to Sydney and Jamie who were sitting together and chatting over breakfast spread. I heard them both yell greetings back as I rushed out of the doorway, heading towards the training fields.  

When I arrived, I was panting and covered in sweat from head to toe. Everyone paused what they were doing and stared at me in amusement as I bent down, trying to catch my breath. Did I even need to train today after all that running? When I looked back up, I laughed nervously as I realized that everyone's attention was still on me. "Hello, sorry I am late. I did not hear my alarm this morning." I informed them, laughing nervously as I stood there awkwardly, awaiting their responses. It was one of the training instructors that spoke up first, "That was quite a scene you put on there, miss Evangeline. We usually do not accept tardiness but, we are going to make an exception for you since you are new and all. Don't get used to it though kid, this is the only time." I nodded my head, "Understood sir." The training instructor smiled at me and waved his hand towards a group, "Good. Now head over to that group over there Evangeline. That will be your permanent training group for the duration of your training here. The rest of you, get back to training! Hustle, hustle!" 

Everyone dispersed back into their group. I walked over to my group and was immediately welcomed by the head instructor. "Hey there Evangeline. Welcome to the beginner training group. My name is Ryder and this is my assistant, Will. You did not miss much, all we did so far was stretched so you might want to do that quickly now before we pair you up to practice some basic fighting moves." I nodded my head and speedily made my way to an empty spot where I could do some basic stretches. Once I was done stretching, Ryder paired me up with a guy named Caleb. "Hey Caleb, I'm new at this so go easy on me okay?" I jokily said. He laughed, "No worries Evangeline, I am new too." Will and Ryder demonstrated a few attacks and defense moves and then it was our turn to put them into action. "If you do well during this training, you may have a chance to move up a training class today! So everyone, please give it your best. Will and I will be closely monitoring how you fight as well as scoring each and every one of you." Ryder announced.