Chapter 28 - You win.

"Fine, you win." I pushed Aiden's muscular hands off me. "Go downstairs, I'll be down in a minute." I directed him down the hall, towards the stairs. Asking him to leave Louis and I alone. 

I walked over to Louis's room and stood in front of his door. Aiden stared at me, like I was his prey heading towards my death.

Slightly frustrated, I sigh. "Just trust me, okay?" I politely knocked on Louis's door. Once, then twice. I backed away slightly, just in case.

"Go away!" Louis yelled through the door.

I grabbed the door knob and tried to twist it open. It was locked. I knocked on the door again. "Louis! Open the door!" I twisted the knob again, this time more frantically.

"NO!" Louis was determined to shut me out.

"If you don't open this door, I'll get Aiden to break it down!" I yelled back at him. I placed my hands on my hips, clearly frustrated.

That got him, I heard shuffling on the other side of the door, then a couple twists.

The door slammed open, revealing a red-faced Louis. "WHAT?" he cried in agony. "What do you want from me?"

Instant guilt filled my face. "I'm sorry.." I apologized. I shouldn't have bothered him..

I shoved my way past Louis and barged into his room, closing the door behind us. I didn't want Aiden to interrupt. I walked back to Louis and reached for his hand. I held it for a minute, locking our fingers together. "You know.." I say looking at his red eyes.

With my other hand, My fingers delicately traced the vein that traveled through his wrists up to his forearm, eventually reaching his shoulder. I squeezed it and continued up to his neck. I cupped his neck, gently brushing his ear. Louis leans into my hand. "You're mine." I say to him softly.

Louis looks at me, suddenly. I moved my hand up to his cheek, brushing away his tears. "You've always been mine." Momentarily, Louis stops crying and looks at me, and tilts his head with deep confusion and slight curiosity.

I trace Louis's lips, feeling every part. "It's just a different kind."  I look up at him. Louis pushes his lips into my hands, kissing it ever so slightly. "You're mine." I smile sweetly, Louis smiles, showing his teeth. "Just not mine."

Louis stopped smiling, he kissed my hand again, and began to back away. He placed his hand on my face and gently felt every crevace. His fingers traced over my lips and over my cheeks, near my ears and down my neck.

"I'm sorry." I say. Louis shushed me, as if he was savoring this moment. "I want to be with you, just not the same way." I took a step backwards, hitting the door. "I'm so sorry." I tried to smile but couldn't. Tears fell down my face. I looked downwards, scared to face Louis.

I could hear Louis's footsteps get closer to me. I looked up slightly to see a raised arm coming directly at me. I flinched, scared he was going to hit me. Louis placed his hand on my shoulder instead, as if he was comforting me. "It's okay." He croaked out. "I knew it was never going to work.." He choked and squeezed my shoulder hard, letting me feel some of his pain. He rubbed my shoulder for a couple seconds and let go.  "I'm going to need some time." He sucks in a breath of air, lifting his head, trying to hold onto his shattered pride. Louis tried to smile. "I'm okay. I'll be okay." He let go of my shoulder and backed away. He walked over to his desk, and stood there. He smiled at me, but tears were falling down his cheeks.

I turned around and shut the door, slowly, leaving Louis alone in his room. I slid down onto the floor, hugging my knees.

After a couple minutes of silent thinking, I slowly got up and walked down the stairs. I got about half way and saw that Aiden was pacing up and down, bitting his nails. He was mumbling something over and over. I stood there, watching him for a bit. I never really noticed how tall he was. He took long strides as he paced around. I was admiring his body when finally, he looked around and saw me.

Aiden had a surprised face as he rushed over to me and climbed up the stairs. He lifts my arms up, examining my body. He spun me around, "Are you okay?" He asks, worried. He keeps scanning me, looking for something wrong. "Did he hurt you?"

I grabbed Aiden's shoulders and tried to hold him in place. He squirmed around for a bit. "I'm fine."I said, he stopped moving and looked at me. I looked straight into his eyes and said "I'm okay." I attempted my best reassuring smile. Aiden wasn't fully buying it but he accepted my answer.

Aiden moved out of the way, grabbing my hand, we headed down the stairs. He walks over to the couch and sits down. He pats the seat next to his, signaling me to sit next to him. I sigh but gradually sit down next to him. Aiden moves his thumb in a soothing motion over my hand. It was really calming me down. "Thank you." Aiden voiced. He moves closer to my body. He turns his head, to look at me. He looks into my eyes, "I really do like you." He says. He wraps his arms around my body, hugging me tightly. He slightly kiss my neck, "I love you." He whispers in my ear.

I feel butterflies in my stomach, "Me too." I whisper back. Aiden jerks back and questions my existence, "You what?" He asks. I smile, playfully and look at his lips.  I look up at his eyes, and then back down at his lips again. "I love you."

Aiden got so close, that we kissed, over and over.

-----------------------------------------------

Happy Valentines day everyone! I thought I should definitely update today, because this is a romance book!

Thank you all so much, for reading this book! I hope you had as much fun reading it as I did writing it. I'm letting you know, that this is the second to last chapter, the next chapter will be more heart-lifting and more fun. This might not be the end, maybe a book two? Maybe I'll find someone who loves Louis like Louis loved Ethan. Who knows..?!

Q: What was your favorite part of the whole book?

Q2: What should happen next?