Chapter 12

Bella P.O.V.

When the dinner was ready me and Carter decided to head outside. It was a Wednesday night and my mom made some baked potatoes and some salad with chicken. As I entered the kitchen I saw my dad sitting on the kitchens counter on his computer doing his reports.

I coughed to get his attention and he looked at me putting his glasses on his nose.

"Dad this is Carter, he is my friend that has been staying with me while I'm sick." I said moving out of the way so he could see Carter who was standing behind me.

My dad raised his eyebrow, "Hello young man, are you the one who drop my daughter off during that one raining day?" he asked.

"Yes Mr. Winters."

"You can call me Dominic, how old are you Carter?"

"I'm 18 going to turn 19 this year."

"Oh that's great. I haven't seen you here before. Did you just move on this fine island?"

"I am on a vacation with my best friend Dustin."

"Really? Were is your house?"

"Just down the street." Carter pointed towards the direction of his house.

"Well thank you Carter, for staying with my daughter. She's to lazy to do anything anyways." he chuckled with Carter.

"Dad! I'm not that lazy." I whined.

"You kind of are," Carter said squinting his eyes.

I rolled my eyes and sat down at the table where the food was at. Carter sat next to me and my parents sat in front of us.

We ate and made a small talk. My mom and dad approved of Carter even though we aren't dating or anything.

Now Carter can come to my house without worrying about my parents seeing him.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day I knew that I was getting better. Carter was staying with me all the time. He would just go home at night and come back in the morning. Fiona keeps talking about her date with Dustin that is going to happen tomorrow night.

"Did you hear that Dustin and Fiona are having a date tomorrow night?" I asked Carter who was sitting on the couch.

"Yeah, he cant wait for it."

"Do you know where he's talking her?"

"Why? So you can tell Fiona?"

"No." I lied. "Come on Carter pleeeease." I whined taking his computer off of his lap and sitting on top of him.

"Bella! No." he said  grabbing me by the waist.

"Carter please, she needs to know what to wear. What if he's taking her like surfing or something."

"Its winter why would he take her there?"

"Just because its a bit chilly out, doesn't mean that the water is cold."

"Bells I promised him I wont tell him."

"Please? For me? You can tell me but I'll just tell her what to wear. Not the place." I said getting closer to him.

He bit his lip, "She can wear some jeans and a sweater."

"How do you know? You're not a girl."

"If I went to a date where he's taking her I would wear that."

I pouted, "No don't pout, I'm not telling you anything."

I started to get off of him and he held me in place,"Carter!"

"No stay, I like you this way."

"Well I don't."

"Are you mad because I'm not telling you."

"Yes, you jerk." I pushed him and he held me closer to him. "Come on Bells. I'm sorry. Just tell her to wear that. Everything is going to be fine. It's not like he will ask her hand for marriage." he chuckled and I laughed.

"You never know."

He laughed again and we continued make a small talk.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So how was your date?" I asked Fiona over the phone.

"It was the best date ever Bella. We went to a small restaurant and then we took a walk through out the city. There were lights everywhere and there was some show in Honolulu. Was so much fun."

"So? What are you guys now?"

She took a deep breath and said, "I don't know. We are hanging out this evening at his house. I think he said that Carter is going to invite you too."

"Oh, he didn't say anything." I said

"What?" Carter yelled from the kitchen."Nothing!"

"Well, have fun and thanks for the homework."

"You're welcome. But you owe me when I get sick or something."

"Alright, bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and went to the kitchen to eat lunch that me and Carter decided to make.

Thank you for reading. what do you think is going to happen next?

Sorry for the short chapter.

COMMENT AND VOTE.

<3 Annie