Chapter 9

Derek P.O.V

I walked through the trees at a leisurely pace. I was in no hurry to get home. I always liked the smell of nature, and how it was peacefully alive. Nothing could destroy the sanctity of nature and all it had to offer. It had this way of calming me down to the point I could think. I think it had something to do with getting closer to my wolf. Nothing has ever given me the feeling of calmness, well nothing until Stiles. And even with him, it was this weird ball of excitement that felt lodged in my throat.

For all my worrying and fretting over not wanting to love him. I knew I could not fight it. I could say that I honestly love him. I would not dare say it to his face, but the truth was laid out on the table like a Thanksgiving feast. I was in love with Stiles and there was nothing I could do about it. I had driven myself mad with trying to not feel this way for him. Last night woke me. That time was over with now. I knew what, and who I wanted. I just had to figure out a way to gain his attention.

I had just come from Scott's house explaining what all of that was last night. Early this morning I had helped him home, and sat for more than an hour trying to figure through all this shit. We talked, and came up to no plausible conclusion. I would have to think it over some more before there was any action taken. I did conveniently leave out the part where I was suddenly pining after his best friend like a lovesick fangirl. I could not remember too much from last night, but I could tell that stiles had been in my room. His scent was all over the place.

My house came into view as I rounded the bend. The house looked so peaceful and quite. A calming feeling coursed through my body and I shivered in content. I stopped and stared at the building. I fantasized about Stiles running out the house in slippers to greet me. I shook my head of the silly thoughts. I needed a few more hours of sleep, and then I would be ready to operate.

------

My hunger woke me with a painful jolt to my stomach. I groaned as my bones popped and cracked in my back from me getting up. My body was starting to ache more than usual. I bent backward letting my back pop some more, then making my way downstairs. The house was empty, and so was the fridge still. I really needed to get more food in this house. I turned to the pantry and found one single piece of bread. It would have to do for right now. I had other important things to take care of.

I heard the front door creak open slowly, but what hit me had me knowing who it was before I saw them. I quickly left the kitchen, entering the hallway that lead to the front door. There was Stiles with grocery bags in his hands, and Isaac following behind with more bags. Stiles were struggling with the ten bags in his hands. I reached out to take some, startling him. He dropped his phone and a bag, which had cans in it. They rolled all over the floor. Stiles looked at me with a scared look on his face because this would be the time when I would yell at him. Normally I would, but the beautiful color of his eyes had me captivated. I could not think of anything to say, so I began to gather the fallen cans. I stayed down longer than necessary. I was trying to come up with something to say to him.

I could not just come out and say, hey I love you, now be my mate. That would not work. I needed a plan to work with. I picked up the last can, and followed Isaac and Stiles into the kitchen. I sat everything in my arms down on the counter and looked around. There were bags upon bags on the counter and floor. This must have cost a fortune to buy.

"Who brought all this? I asked.

"I did." Stiles piped up. Isaac was standing inside the refrigerator putting things away, quietly. He reached for another bag, but the glimpse I saw of his face told me everything. He had a twisted look of guilt on his face that he tried to hide when he noticed me looking.