Chapter 6

Derek's P.O.V

  My eyelids felt like they had ten pound weights hanging off them. It was incredibly hard to open them, but when I did there wasn't much to see. I was in a small room with one small window and a dim light illuminated the space. I tried to move my head, my neck cracked and I groaned out in pain. I suddenly realized my feet weren't touching the floor. I looked above my head and my hands were bound with wire digging into my skin. There was blood seeping out the open wounds along with dried blood on my wrists.

  I guessed I was in a basement or attic. It smelled rank with mildew coming from the dripping water I could hear behind me. I shook hard, hoping the wires were loose so that I could get out this fucked up situation and back home. The pack no doubt noticed my absence by now and was panicking. I told Erica I would keep her safe and I was going to stick to that promise and that meant taking out Mike. He had to go and at my first chance I was going to sink my claws so deep in him I would be touching his backbone.

  Argent would be next.

  If I had the chance I would have been able to tell Scott about my run in with Argent so that if anything like this very thing happened he would know where to look. I should have told Boyd. I inhaled deeply, trying to catch any scent. Anything just to know if there were people around. I knew my chances of getting someone to help me were slim to none. There was no point of me calling for help.

  Every limb in my body was on fire from the strain of my weight on them. My shoes had been taken off and my shirt. I had white pads on my chest and sides. They were hooked to a machine off to my left and it looked old. It looked menacing and I knew whatever it did would not be good for me. The light kept flickering on and off dousing the room in a more frightening ambiance.

  I needed to get out of here quick. I didn't know how long I had been in this room, but it could not have been too long. I figured it was the next day because I could feel the alpha power coursing through me. The full moon was tonight. This was the best time for me to make my escape. I was strong and powerful, but the alpha power only added to that. I would be practically invincible, but the down side to that is I would be out of control. I would go after anyone with the only intent to kill. Unless they were a part of my pack.

  Pack was the most important thing.

  I needed the steel confines of my cage. This room would not be able to contain me. Neither would Argent or Mike. Good.

  I heard the creaking of a door and growled loudly. I could tell it was Mike from the smell of him. He came down with a sick grin on his face. He had on a black tank top and black leather pants that stuck to his muscular legs. If this man wasn’t trying to kill me I would recruit him for my pack. He could be helpful, but he was crazy and I was his unfortunate target. He walked up to me and smiled.

  "Oh look! Our little pup is up." He said playfully, gripping my chin hard and forcing me to look at him. He looked into my eyes quietly, suddenly bringing his lips to mine. His breath tasted like fish and bread. I struggled, trying to yank out of his grip. He held my head steadfast as his lips continued to attack mine. He was sucking the breath out my lungs. The pressure to breathe was over powering, but he didn't show signs of stopping anytime soon. I bit into his bottom lip drawing blood. I could taste the metallic liquid on my tongue.

  "Fuck!" He released my mouth with a wet smack sound. I growled the sound reverberating off the rank walls.

  "Bitch!" He yelled, back handing me. My head snapped to the side hard, causing my neck to pop. I could feel the blood filling my mouth. I spit it out, looking at him as he held his lip letting loose a string of curses.