Chapter Two

So I had some spare time while doing this Blood Drive and decided to finish this chapter now and post it. Also, Happy MLK Day!!

Chapter Two: The Fifth Floor

Remember what I told you before, about the experimentation room? Yeah well I don't think I explained the entire facility and how it's broken down.

The first floor is the visitors floor. Apparently, there are some experiments who get to visit their family. That floor is where you either sit to visit or check out for the day. Most people check out for the day, who wants their family to have to sit in this place while they ask question you're not allowed to answer.

The second floor is where the branding room. They erase your mind of all basic information about yourself. That explains why I can't remember my birth name. They  brand you with a branding iron with some weird Fairytail insignia. Mine is on my hand.

The third floor is the experimental floor. That's where I've been this whole time. There's also a an infirmary on this floor. Rumor has there are some experiments here that are out of control and tend to take out their frustration on the other experiments and get sent to the seventh floor.

Apparently that's where the seventh floor are where all the uncontrollably experiments go. I wouldn't really know, I stay on the third floor and I've never been any higher.

"Experiment LU-CY, collect your things. You're being moved to the fifth floor in an hour.."The loud speaker boomed through my room.

My eyebrow twitches in slight irritation at how loud the voice was. I know everyone's hearing isn't as keen as mine but they could still at least take it into consideration to take it down a notch.

I such as I run a hand through my hair, it's gotten longer since I haven't been able to cut it.

They're finally moving me, that must mean my experimentation is over. Then again I don't even know what the experimenting is for anyway. But still, there are other people on the other floors which means I can finally talk to someone. Experiments on the third floor aren't allowed to leave their rooms and are always locked in. If I'm on the fifth floor I may be able to taste a bit of freedom.

Once my small bag was packed with my collection of clothes and books I stood at the door ready to go. I heard the scanner go off and the door slide open, there was my escort. His name was Macao. He was an experiment too and ended up working here afterwards. He's a pretty nice guy and reminds me of what a father might be like. I personally don't remember my own but I know I would want him to be a lot like Macao. Mcao usually comes around to bring me my food and my daily dose of Lacrima Tablets.

Lacrima Tablets are small pills that enhance the ethernano that mutates each and every experiments molecules. They speed the process up so that our powers will develop sooner.

"There's she is, the stunning first-year, Princess Lucy!" Macao acknowledged me with a smile.

He was such a great man, full of wise quotes and amusing puns. I wouldn't be surprised if he really were a dad, he'd make a perfect one.

"Macao sir, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?" I laughed a bit as I stepped out of the room and followed Macao to the stair cases.

Macao let out a hearty laugh as he patted my head a bit "Nonsense, you'll always be my little princess. I've always wanted a daughter but I got a troublesome son. I do love him I just wish he didn't cause so much trouble."

A son? This is new. He's never talked about having a son before. Then again he wasn't really supposed to talk to me at all. I heard another man lecturing him in the hallway before about it.

"In fact, you might meet him up on the fifth floor. He's up there all the time." Macao's pouty voice broke my train of thought. "He barely wants to spend time with his old man."

I couldn't help but laugh a bit. This is the most human interaction I've had in the time I've been here. It's almost odd how unfamiliar it almost feels.

Macao leads me up the steps and past the forth floor. The door was open slightly and it looks almost like some sort of training center. I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I'll be sure so stay away from it. Training isn't my thing, I'm not strong and feel no need to be. I'm more of a reader and strategist. I like chess and a good book, not overly sized muscles and a bloody nose.

Shaking my head clear from those thoughts I look up to see Macao come to a stop. There was a tall steel door that had a lavender number five printed on it. It was loud from all the way out here. I could hear it clearly. Every voice, every broken vase. All of it was clear. Macao opened the door and the both of us stepped through to see the rowdy bunch of the fifth floor. They were so wild but the room was filled with so much laughter. They were also...children? It almost looked like a daycare center.

"Papa!" A small boy yelled before tackling Macao into a hug. His face resembles Macao's perfectly and his voice patterns are almost alike with the exception that he probably has t hit puberty yet. With that alone, and the fact he called him papa I can guess he must be Macao's son.

"Ah, Romeo, would you like to help your old man out a bit?" Macao laughed as he caught his son and ruffled his hair.

Romeo stood on his own two feet quickly before saluting to his father. The serious look on his face was probably the cutest thing I've seen since I can remember. Macao whispered something into Romeo's ear which made the young boy break out into a goofy grin. Romeo nodded quickly before stepping back and setting his hand ablaze and letting the black fire ablaze. As the other small children say the flame they immediately began running over, surrounding the three of us.

"Welcome to the fifth floor Lucy!"

Well that's it for today! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I plan to make them longer and longer as time goes by and don't be afraid to tell me what you think.

Published 1/16/17