Chapter 15

Deborah pov
The whole day, I would read books, and try to waste time. Since David's guards are everywhere, they have their eyes on me. I can barely eat comfortably.
I haven't seen David all day, which is good because I really don't want to see him.
He is probably somewhere doing something illegal, I wouldn't be surprise if he is killing innocent people right now.
Edward hasn't call or texted me because he has something important to do. That's what he said.
Maybe he is also out there killing innocent people.
I do not know how the Mafia works but I do know that they're cruel and ruthless. I experience it and I still am. We have been married for 2 months now and I'm surprise that I am still alive. I thought that he would get tire of me but it seems like he has no thought of letting me go.
David hasn't hurt me or do anything bad to me except for forcing me to marry him and have sex with him.
I wonder what my 8 years old self would think of my situation right now. Proud or ashamed?
Probably both.
Proud that I am taking care of my family, and ashamed that I am married to a Mafia.
All the work that I have put into high school is worthless. I graduated with a good GPA, and I try very hard in school. Now all that work means nothing.

If only David wasn't a Mafia, maybe I would give him a chance, but I know that it won't happen. Once you're a Mafia, you will always be one. Which means, if I have a son, he will be the next in line.
"Mrs. Gandy, Mr.Gandy is back. He wants you in his office" a maid interrupted my thoughts. I nod and put away the book that I was looking at.
I walk out of the book room and head to David's office.
I don't know how long I have been reading the whole day. It's already late at night. Is my life going to be like this?
I rather die then spend the rest of my life stuck in this mansion.
I slowly open David's office door and walk in. There were a lot of guys in suit, which I assume are his guards or business partners. I stood there awkwardly since no one notice me.
It took them a few minutes for them to notice my small figure in the corner.
"Deborah, come over here love" David said and motion his hand for me to walk over to him.
I awkwardly walk over to him while all the guys look at him intensely.
David force me to sit on his lap, which made me uncomfortable.
"Nick, this is my wife Deborah" David said and points to the man that is across from me and David.
The man looks like a total bad guy. He looks like the type of guy that you wouldn't want to mess with.
"Nice to meet you Deborah, I am David's brother" Nick said.
Brother? I thought David only has sisters.
"He is adopted" David whisper in my ear.
Adopted? Then why wasn't he at our wedding or the vacation.
"Ahum, it's nice to meet you too Nick" I said.
We sat there quietly.
Nick staring at me, more like analyzing me.
David on the other hand is wrapping his arms around my waist tightly. I just sat there looking down at the floor.
"Well, i found the reason why David all of a sudden fell in love" Nick said, breaking the silent.
Nick smile at me and I nervously return it back. He looks like he found out something important.
I wonder how he got adopted though? At what age and why I haven't heard about him from David's family.
"Tomorrow there will be a party at my mansion. I want you both to come" Nick said and he looks at David for some reason.
They look like they're exchanging some kind of message through their eyes. Both of them are staring at each other intensely. After a long moment of staring at each other. They both nodded and Nick look at me.
"I would love to see you there sister in law" Nick said.
I tense up when he said sister in law but it is true, I am his sister now. He is probably older than I am but all of David's relative are older than I am sooo....
"Of course we will be there" David said.
I nodded since I can't go against him anyway.
"Well then, I'll be heading off" Nick said. He stood up and I watch as he walks out of David's office with his guards.
It seems like he is also a Mafia or David's worker. After everyone left us alone, David immediately start kissing my neck.
"How was your day?" David ask and continue to place kisses on my neck.
"Well, I read books all day" I said and tried to get out of his tight grip.
"That's all I want you to do" he said.
This makes me mad, he wants me to stay home all day and just do nothing?
I would love to go visit my family and friends if I have this much free time on my hand.
"David, can I at least get some freedom. I'm not going to run away or anything. I just want to go out and visit my family or hang out with my friends" I said.
He stop kissing me and stare at me. I tried not to look into his eyes. The moment I would look into his eyes, I wouldn't be able to move, so I try to avoid his eyes my playing with my fingers.