Chapter 12

Deborah pov
"Since I invited your family on this trip, shouldn't you thank me?" He asks. What is wrong with him now. My family is his family now; he should be thankful that they even came.
"Ahum, thank you," I said but didn't mean it though.
"You can thank me some other way," he said and lifted me.
"David, what are you doing?" I ask as I started hitting his back. He didn't look affected by it, though. He gently lay me on the bed and climb on top of me.
"You'll see," he said and covered us with a blanket, so we were doing things under the cover.
2 hours later
After David was done, he got up to change into his swimwear. I did the same. I wrap myself in a towel and grab my swimsuit out of my suitcase. I went into the bathroom and made sure to lock it. I fix myself up so no one can notice anything.
After that, I change into my swimsuit and put on my beach hat. Then I wrap a towel around my waist before walking out. David isn't in the room anymore, so I guess he already went out.

I walk out of my room to see my sisters already in the water.
"About time you came out," Destiny said, and Donna started giggling. My parent and David's parent were talking, while his sisters and brother-in-law were also in the water, swimming. I couldn't find Simon, though. David, on the other hand, is lying on a swing, staring at me.
"You should also jump in the water," I heard a voice said. I turn around to see Simon with a pair of shorts on. His abs were on full display, and I couldn't help but stare.
"You should take a picture; it'll last longer," he said.
I finally came back to my senses and gave him an embarrassed smile.
"I'll jump first, then you have to jump," he said, and I nodded.
Soon he jumps into the water and looks at me.

"Come on," he said, and I nodded. I took off my towel, and he stares at me with a widened eye. More like he's checking me out.

I was about to jump in the crystal clear water, but someone wrapped their arms around my waist. I turn around to see David with an infuriated face. He grabs my towel and wraps it around me.
"Come back to the room with me," he said and dragged me along with him. He made sure to give Simon a cold glare before pushing me into our room.
"What is wrong with you?!!" I yelled.
"Look at you; you're wearing nothing!" He yelled. I look at myself, and I am wearing a white swimsuit.
"This is called a swimsuit; I was going to swim," I said.
"I told you to stay away from Simon, and you were going to swim with him. He was checking you out!" David yelled. Everyone probably heard him.
"David, we're stuck in an area filled with water. What do you what me to do? Just sit around all day!" I yelled back.
"If you don't behave, I will take you back to our home," he said, making me shut my mouth.
The more I become close to this man, the more I hate him. I do not know why he is jealous of Simon. Simon is now my nephew; he should know that. It's not my fault that my nephew is older than me, right? It's his fault.
"Come out when you're ready. Make sure you wear some real clothes this time," he said. He then left me alone in the room. If it weren't for my family, I would drown myself already. I will escape him already. I hate this man so much. Since he wouldn't let me swim or wear a bikini, I change into some regular clothes.

After I changed, I grab my phone and walk out. David looked at me from head to toe. He didn't seem to like the fact that I was wearing shorts, but he didn't come over to yell at me, so it's fine. Since I am bored to death and I can't even swim, I'll go and get myself some food or something.
"You're not swimming!" Simon shouts. I shook my head and watched him go flirt with my sisters—such a weirdo. I then walk down the wooden stairs to the shore. Our rooms are on the water, but there is a stair for us to walk on the beach.
I walk on the beach and saw some stands. People were selling drinks and some other things. Like seashell necklace and other hand made materials.
"This is beautiful," I said and grabbed a seashell necklace.
"As beautiful as you," I heard a voice that I recognize said. I turn to my right and saw Edward standing there, drinking out of a coconut.
"Surprise to see me?" He asked. I nod my head with my mouth open.
"I am too after like what? A month?" He asked and chuckled by himself.
"Well, we did see each other at the party," I said.
"Yeah, but you were Mrs.Gandy," he said. I look at him and raise an eyebrow.
"So? I'm still Deborah," I said and went back to looking at the seashell necklace.
"I'll take 2 of these," Edward said, pointing to the seashell necklace that I was holding.
"Why am I always the one paying?" He asked as he puts the necklace around his neck.
"Because your always the one that volunteers," I said and put the necklace on my neck.
"So, Mrs.Gandy, what brings you here?" Edward asked.
"Family vacation," I said. He nodded his head and went back to drinking his coconut drink.
"I can ask you the same," I said.
"Well, my father owns this place; why can't I be here?" He asked. Does his father own this place? Oh wow.
"I see you decided to go back to your father," I said.
"And I understand why you ran away," he said, making me tense up. Edward probably has a lot of questions in mind. I want to enjoy this trip, not cause some serious drama.
"Edward, I just want to enjoy this trip; I don't want any drama right now," I said.
"Hey, I'm not forcing you to say anything," he said, making me laughed.
We went to sit down on the sand, and I learned a lot of things about Edward. He told me that he always wanted to be a vet, but his dad wouldn't let him. His dad thinks that a man should be more powerful and be like a Mafia. We talk a lot about our lives until Edward's face became cold as he watches something behind my back.

"Seems like I got to blast; your husband might kill me," he said and winked before walking away. I stood up nervously and turned around to see David walking towards me. His jaw was clench tightly, which isn't a surprise, and his face was cold as usual.
"Why were you talking to Edward?" He asks.
"Because we bump into each other," I said.
"How did you become so close to him when you only meet him once," David asks.
Why is this man asking so many questions? He doesn't know a thing, and he acts like he knows everything.
"Look, David, I don't want to make a scene; there are people here," I said and looked around. David did the same before he lets out a loud sigh, probably to release his stress. He then looks at the water and then back at me.
"You said you wanted to swim, right?" He asks and smirks.
"David, what are you doing?" I asked as he walks closer to me. I kept stepping back as he walks closer to me. In no time, he grabs me in a bridal style and walks me in the water. He drops me, and I swear I will beat the crap out of him.
"David! What the heck!! What was that for?!!" I yelled as I got up.
"You said you wanted to swim," he said and smirked.
I look at him to see that he actually looks happy. It looks like he's actually smiling and enjoying this.
"Fine!" I yelled and started splashing water at him.
We continue to splash each other with water and mess around till it was close to dinner. We went back into our room, all wet.
"You can change first; you might catch a cold," he said and pushed me in the bathroom. I started to dry myself with the towel, and I dried my hair also. I change into some comfortable clothes for dinner. I walk out of the room to see that David already changed. His wet clothes were lying on the floor, which made me mad.
"Took you long enough to change," he said as he grabs the wet clothes that were lying on the floor.
After we were ready, we head out to the food resort by the beach. The night sky was filled with stars, and it was beautiful. We took a seat that the people prepared for us. I was forced to sit by David. Simon sat across from me, which made David tense up, but he didn't say anything, so it's fine. The others just filled up the seats. I notice that there was a seat next to Simon that was empty.
"Is anyone joining us?" Sam asked before I can.
"Yeah, Edward wanted to eat dinner with us," Mr.Gandy said, making me choke on my drink.
"Deborah, honey, are you ok?" My mom asks, and I quickly nodded. I look at David, who's already made.
A few minutes later, Edward shows up, and he sat next to Simon. He looks at me and smiles. I give him a nervous smile. Too scared to smile back at him because David is going to be pissed.
"So, Edward, what brings you here?" Emily(David's mom) asked.
"Well, I just wanted some alone time from my family," Edward said. Everyone nodded except for David.
We talk and eat, but I just sat there and ate. I always glance at David, but he would be glancing at Edward and Simon, giving them dirty glares whenever I glance at him.
"I see you're wearing the necklace also," Edward said, making everyone stop eating and look at him. It took me a while to realize that he is talking to me.
He is wearing the seashell necklace that he bought me and for him. I was also wearing it.
"Yeah, it's beautiful," I awkwardly said after being stared at by everyone.
After that awkward moment, everyone went back to eating. I was eating my food until I felt a hand rubbing up and down my thighs. It was David's hand. Ughh, this man is disgusting.
"David, stop," I whisper. He smirks and continues to rub up and down my thighs.
"So Edward, are you planning on taking your father's job?" Daniel(David's father) asked.
I stare at Edward. He said that he didn't want to get involved with the Mafia, that's why he ran away, but he perhaps changed his mind since he came back. Did he perhaps change his mind?
Edward looks at me, nervously for some reason. Why is he like this? Perhaps, he is scared to say it in front of me.
"Yes, I will be in charge of my father's gang," Edward said, and he looked at my shocked face.
Why did he change his mind? I thought he didn't want to be part of the Mafia.
I give him a cold glare as I stand up from my seat.
"Honey, what's wrong?" My mom asks.
My eyes were still on Edward as everyone's eyes were on me.
"I lost my appetite," I said coldly and walked away. I know that David was chasing after me, but I continue to walk straight, not looking back.
Edward lied to me. He said that he would never take his father's spot, but he lied. Ugh, now I became friends with a Mafia.
"Deborah, what's wrong?" David asked
"Nothing, just leave me alone," I said as I continue to walk away.
"Just turn around and talk to me," David said and grabbed my arm to turn me around.
"David, just leave me alone!" I yelled. He stares at me. His eyes filled with worried, anger, or other emotions that I can't understand. After like a long moment of staring at me. He let go of my arm. I quickly walk away from him.