19. I'd rather die

Man I am on a roll with these updates.

Go ahead, thank me. You're all very welcome.

Thirteen's POV

Ryder's pissed off with me.

Correction, he was pissed off with me.

Apparently after him somehow turning my pool to jello, locking me in my room with Cody, and finally fixing the pool...only for him to dye it red immediately after, is ok. But when I retaliate I've taken it too far.

Please. I was just getting started.

Ryder didn't seem to appreciate the effort I put into my work over this past week. Cody helped of course as he said he would. So really it wasn't entirely my fault.

All I had done was hide every single one of his guns, had Nicky set up a program on her computer that changed the code to his room every five minutes, and swapped out his shampoo with hair dye.

Apparently hot pink is not his color...or so he claims.

Although...both of us know better than to mess up the other's sleep. Especially since I hardly get any to begin with. It's like an unspoken rule not to mess with each other's sleep...

So when I woke in the middle of the night to fire-crackers going off in my room...I knew it wasn't Ryder.

I had jumped up and ran to the door as the room began to fill with smoke. I made it into the hallway, my entire body aching and protesting. I had been coughing as smoke poured out of my room and the smoke alarms turned on mixing with the remaining fire-crackers still going off.

My immediate thought had been Devin.

Right up till the point Ryder's door burst open and smoke began spilling out of that room as well.

This was Henri's way of telling us to knock it off. His way of cussing us out.

I didn't make it back to sleep that night, and neither did anyone else. Everybody had been woken up between the fire-crackers and the smoke alarms...everybody except Henri.

How convenient.

We had all piled into the living room and watched movies till the sun finally came up. Elaine had been non-stop crying, comparing fire-crackers to being shot at.

I'll have Ryder and Jason show her the difference later.

Nicky had finally gone off at her and told her to shut up...but with much more...colorful worlds. She cusses as much as Ryder when she's really riled up.

Chase had told Nicky to try to look at it from Elaine's perspective. He was just trying to ease the tension.

Nicky's brilliant response was that if she was getting shot at she wouldn't be crying, she'd be shooting back since that would make more since then wasting your precious last moments crying yourself a river.

And keep in mind Nicky couldn't hit what she was aiming at if it was two feet in front of her. Give the girl a video game with guns involved and she wouldn't miss a shot, give her a real gun...and we'd be lucky she'd anything.

But Chase shut up after that.

"Did you have a nice night?"

Both me and Ryder scowl at Henri, Ryder grumbling something under his breath that neither me or Henri catch...luckily.

"It would've been a lot better if there wasn't a war going on inside my bedroom at two in the morning." Ryder retorts.

Henri raises an eyebrow. "Well on a good note, it looks like you got your hair back to normal."