5. You mindless idiot

Thirteen's POV

I should've seen it coming.

It was inevitable. There were five of us, meaning five seats on the plane. Each row had three seats...was it too much to ask to sit next to Chase, the only one who wasn't extremely pissed off at me for the moment?

Apparently so.

I should've known Devin would pull something like this. Which is why I should've gotten a damn seat in first class and left all these idiots in coach...I've learned my lesson.

A little too late though.

I should've traded in my ticket the minute Devin gave me that sinister, mischievous smile. A smile that would put the Joker to shame...I really hate him sometimes.

It's not like I really got the opportunity to even glance at the seats. Because Devin being Devin, grabbed both Chase and Jason roughly by the arms, pulled them ahead of me, and forced them into their seats before sitting down next to them and giving me an innocent wave.

Oh please, innocent my ass. As if he didn't know what he was doing.

He took the one row with the three seats, leaving me and Cody to sit next to each other (and some potential stranger) in the remaining two seats we had purchased.

If looks could kill he would've died 100 times over...and he knew it too, that smug little-

"You're going to burn a hole through the seat and then the back of his head if don't stop glaring." Cody's voice cuts through my train of thought, though he doesn't actually look at me, instead, he stares straight ahead, his face void of any emotion...looks like he picked up a thing or two from me....oh joy. Not.

As much as it would pain me to admit, I had missed him...but it would be better if he continued to hate me. So naturally, I say nothing.

The overhead speakers blare to life as the announcement is made to fasten your seatbelts and prepare for take off.

I discretely glance over at Cody, no seat belt. Does this boy ever learn?

"Seat belt," I mutter quietly. He snaps his gaze to mine as if he can't believe I actually said something to him. It shouldn't be that surprising.

"No thanks." He grumbles in reply and I glare at him, he glares back. Daring me to do something about it...so I do.

I reach over his lap and grab the end of the seat belt, I notice his eyes widen ever so slightly as if he wasn't expecting me to do anything. I pull the seat belt across his lap and buckle it, pulling it tight.

Maybe a little too tight...oops.

I stare ahead once again, feeling his gaze bore into the side of my head as the engines begin to roar...this is going to be a long flight.

***

I hate him.

Devin, I mean...though it shouldn't be that hard to have figured out.

Every time I almost fell asleep, he'd throw peanuts at me. Every time I'd put my tray table down so I could use my computer, he'd lean his seat back as far as it could go...on purpose of course. Every time I got up to use the restroom or just get away from these people, he'd try to trip me.

And the list goes on. He finally stopped...after I dumped a can of sprite on his head.

Oh, he stopped physically, but vocally...he would not shut up, and mind you we still had two hours left on our flight.

His comments ranged from any sexual jab he could make at both me and Cody, to anything nasty he could think of about me.

Things began to escalate pretty quickly after that. I'm never flying with him again unless I'm the one piloting.