Day 2: Your Crush

Hiya!

I feel extremely awkward writing this. I'm not going to include your name because I know that you've read some of my stories on here and I don't feel comfortable letting you know how I feel quite yet. I've been swimming with you for almost three years now.

You can always make me laugh no matter how upset I am. I still remember the day when I found out my boyfriend was cheating on me. I was trying not to cry, pretending that I was okay, but you saw right through that. You waited outside the locker room after practice, until everyone else was gone, and you sat there until I found my voice.

You stayed there for almost an hour, just listening to me and holding me while I cried. I felt so safe with you. I still do. I love how you take the time to make sure that I'm okay. I love how you even insisted on going with me to my MR Arthrogram appointment and held my hand as I got all those awful injections.

Your ability to know exactly how I'm feeling and know exactly what to say to make me feel better is amazing. I'm so blessed to have met you. Even though I don't go to school with you and I barely see you anymore, I can't help but wish that I could see you every day. You make practices fun. Even that god-awful set of 20x200's butterfly was fun because you and I sat out half the time, complaining and joking about how swimming is a mild form of torture, not a sport. I love kicking-sets when you and I just kick next to each other and talk.

You're so kind to me. More kind than I deserve. You're truly amazing and incredible.

It kills me to know that I was too late. That I was too much of a coward to admit my feelings. And now you'll never know how I really feel. I know you have a girlfriend and that I'll probably never have a chance with you. I'm happy for you, though. I want you to be happy. I'm not going to ruin that just because I was too scared to tell you my feelings. I wish I could be the one to make you feel that way, but I'm not and I can't. I accept that.I truly want what's best for you.

You're absolutely amazing. Never forget that.

~Kat