First Encounter

Shannon and I were in my room packing for our trip. She really surprised me when she bought us planes tickets to Vegas for my birthday. What was even more of a surprise was that our flight was in 3 hours, I had to get ready quick and finish packing. "My gosh girl hurry up! We are not about to miss this flight, there's a new club that opening and I want to take you there." she cried out.

"Well if I had known about this little trip I would have had time to plan accordingly and you wouldn't be waiting. But noo you just had to surprise me on my birthday with only giving me 3 hours to get ready and pack. You know I like to take my time! How long are we staying there anyway?" I asked her. "Well... 4 days," she said nervously. "You waited now to tell me? How am I suppose to let my boss know?" I sighed sitting down on my bed.

"Oh please Jackie your boss was not a problem, I just told him that your mother was sick and you were the only person that could help. He was so gullible, all I had to do was bat my eyes and he was like putty. Besides, you are a great employee so missing a few days won't hurt." she said walking around the room smelling my perfume. "You need to bring this! Guys will be all over you" she told me, then grabbing my new red lace bra out of my draw. "And this!"

I just shook my head and continued putting clothes in my suitcase. I went to the bathroom did my business and put some black yoga pants on and a purple hoodie. I looked in the mirror my original clear almond colored skin was breaking out a bit on my forehead. I put my curly hair in a messy bun because I did not have the time or the energy to work with it and I wasn't trying to look cute going to the airport. I turned around to get a good look at me and I guess she was right my butt is getting a little bit bigger it's more rounded. Thankfully I still had my flat stomach and my abs were still there even though I haven't been hitting the gym so much anymore. "Okay, I'm ready to go," I told Shannon who was playing on her phone as usual.

"Yes finally!" we walked out of my apartment and walked to her car. I put my luggage in the trunk and got in "So are you excited? I know I am" Shannon said jumping in her seat. The drive to the airport wasn't that long since it was a weekend and it still being morning. She parked in the daily parking lot and we walked in to check in. While in line there was a group of obnoxious guys in front of us being loud. I'm usually asleep around this time on a Saturday so the fact that I was up this early on my birthday was not sitting well with me.

We finally checked in and went through security, we set our stuff down near our gate. "I'm going to Dunkin you want anything?" I asked Shannon. "Do you really need to ask? she smirked, "So you want the classic with ice coffee?" I smiled "You know me so well." she said going back the magazine she started reading, I turned around and started walking. "Don't forget the snacks! Love you" she yelled. I waved her off and kept walking. I walked into the store and bought some chips and chocolate. I was standing in the line at Dunkin, then I hear that annoying group of guys from the line were walking down pushing each other.

"FUCK!" I screamed as this blonde guy got pushed and spilled his hot coffee all over me. He and the rest of his group just stood there and stared at me. "What the hell is your problem, do you all not know how to act in an airport?" I yelled.

"The blonde guy rushed up to me. "I'm so sorry, my friends are idiots," he said looking over his shoulder. "Yeah, I can see that!" I spat back. People started staring at us, some of the employees handed me napkins to help dry me off. I looked up at him and he had the bluest eyes I've ever seen, they were like a pool I wanted to swim in. He had a great body too I could see from his tight shirt that he was built.

He just stood there staring at me "Um I'm really sorry again. Let me buy you your meal." he pleaded. I smirked and turned to the register "Hmm Okay. Well, I'll have a classic with eggs, sausage, and cheese with an ice coffee." I saw blondie start pulling out his card and began handing it to the man "I'm not done." I smiled. " Also your glazed, chocolate, and blueberry munchkins 25 count, please. Then another ice coffee and another classic but I want this one with bacon." I smiled and turned to the blonde who's mouth was slightly open. He added his coffee to the order then handed the man his credit card. He just shook his head and I heard people laughing behind us. I turned around and it was his group of friends. They instantly stopped laughing when they saw me glaring at them, I turned back and was handed my food then began to walk back to Shannon.

"You're Welcome?" the blonde guy called out. I stopped in my tracks, he burns me and expected me to be kind to him. "Oh, shit" I heard one of his friends say, turning back around "You are the one that spilled your hot coffee on me. I think you should be thanking me for not making more of a big deal out of the situation. You burned me, I could have gone crazy, but I didn't. I'm just trying to enjoy my birthday so let's not ruin it." I said turning around. I really hope I never have to see that guy again.

I arrived back to Shannon "What took you so long? I thought I was going to have to send out a search party for you." she laughed but then stop when I got closer and saw my face and my clothes.

"What happen?" her eyes bulging out. I handed her the food and sat down. "Those obnoxious guys from the line were being idiots and one of them spilled their hot coffee all over me." I sighed taking a sip of my coffee. "Omg are you okay. Do you want me to go beat him up? she said starting to stand up.

"No its fine, he bought us our Dunkin. I made sure to get extra food just to because." I told her while smiling "Oh Jackie well aren't you bad." she waved me off taking a bite out of her sandwich. We finished eating and were waiting for them to board.

"Flight 175 to Las Vegas is now boarding." We grabbed our luggage and walked to the gate. Thankfully it's not that long of a flight and Shannon bought us first class tickets so I can stretch out more. We boarded and took our seats. I was finally started to relax, then the roaring began I looked at Shannon with pleading eye. She gave me a sad smile in return, "It's going to be okay babe, small flight and then you won't have to see him again." she sighed. The group of guys started boarding the plane I leaned over "That's him, the blondie." I nodded.

She looked up "Oh he's a cutie and so is his friend behind him." she said talking about the fine black guy walking behind blondie. I guess he saw us and nudged blondie who looked up at me with sympathy. "Happy Birthday, sorry again," he said looking down. "Thank you," I said popping a munchkin in my mouth then smirked. They both just laughed he stood there for a moment just looking at me. "Come on man she's beautiful but keep moving." some guy in the back called out. Blondie starting blushing, I turned my head slightly avoiding eye contact. Bless my dark complexion because that would have been even more embarrassing. Everyone finished boarding Shannon called this flight attendant over and whispered something in his ear. Is she really flirting with this guy? Wait, why is he smiling at me. Whats going on?

"Um, Shannon what was that about?" She smiled then looked back at her phone ignoring me.

The flight attendants did their usual procedure. We were buckled and ready to go then the guy that Shannon was talking to came on the PA system. "Oh, and by the way, we like to Wish Jackie a Happy 23rd Birthday. Hope you have a great day," he said winking and pointing at me. Most of the passengers joined in and on told me happy birthday. "Thank You!" I yelled out. Looking at Shannon who wouldn't make eye contact with me, so I just grabbed her and hugged. "I'm so getting you back" I whispered in her ear.

The plane took off and we were on our way to Vegas!