Chapter Three

Our pack was located in Idaho Falls, Idaho.

We were taking a four hour flight from Idaho Falls to Portland, Oregon and then a four hour car ride to Baker City where the Wolfsbane pack was located. Four hours stuck in a car with the Alpha family and my family.

I felt sick just thinking about it.

The Oregon pack were more commonly referred to as the Wolfsbane pack, as their first Alpha had invented the only alcoholic drink a shifter could get drunk off before their blood temperature could burn it off. This was great for all the wolves who wanted to party so of course it took off like wildfire and made them the richest pack in the US.

I was kind of excited to go. Not for the party or anything, but for the fact that for two days I wouldn't get smacked around so any lingering bruises had time to heal before the new ones arrived.

It was three in the morning when my alarm went off and I stumbled out of my bed, dressing in my comfiest travel clothes I had laid out the night before. I was a little excited to be leaving the pack territory for the first time in my life – to see something other than Idaho Falls.

Bunning my hair I grabbed my suitcase and made my way to the landing where I could hear mom rattling on to Michael about the tickets and everything else she had going on. Pausing at the top of the stairs I adjusted my handle so I could carry it down, only to be shoved into the wall as Jada stomped past.

"Move," she snarled as she bared her sharp extended canines at me.

My eyes widened in surprise as I fell into the wall and I quickly gathered myself as I stumbled down the first two steps. She was not a wolf I wanted to be stuck in an enclosed space with for eight hours.

After mom did a triple check over the house and made sure it was locked we were all ushered outside toward the car, loading up our bags in the back before climbing in, driving to the Alpha House.

Jada's mood increased significantly as she chose to ride with the Alpha family instead. Heather was draped all over Jonah as they did an over the top farewell and my mouth dried at the thought that even though we were leaving the State, I was still going to be stuck with him.

Five minutes later we were driving to the airport; I had the backseat to myself and Laurance who was in the row ahead of me seemed happy he didn't have to share with Jada and her bad mood.

It was exciting to leave the pack district, I wouldn't feel it seeing as I never had the pack link made with me – a connection made through a bite of an Alpha – but I could tell when it happened because the wolves in the car shivered the moment we crossed it.

For the first time in a long time, the tiniest smile broke out on my face.

My seat was nowhere near anyone's from the pack – I'm fairly sure that was deliberate but I was happy for it. They were further up, closer toward the first class section, of course.

I was sat next to the window and a small girl with hair crazier than a birds nest sat beside me. Her mother sat beside her, her eyes shut as she tried to get some last minute shut eye. I watched with interest at the math game the young girl played on her iPad.

Suddenly she looked up, her large brown eyes catching me off guard.

"Do you want to have a go?" She asked.

"Uh," I managed to say, surprised.

The children in the pack avoided me like the plague – probably because their parents told them to.