Chapter 18

IMPORTANT MESSAGE AT THE END!!

"Hey babe" Lauren said entering the studio the next morning.

A grin broke over Camila's face, lighting her up like a firefly. "Hey!"

James watched them through narrowed eyes as Lauren advanced on Camila, feeling slightly predatory. She tried to convince the girl to come home with her the night before, but Camila was eternally practical, citing their early morning as a reason not to let Lauren paw at her all night. Which was sensible, but not a lot of fun. It was possible that Dinah was right when she said Camila was the adult in their relationship.

Lauren settled next to Camila on the couch, throwing an arm around her shoulder, loving the way the girl fit neatly against her side. Ducking her head, she pressed her mouth close to Camila's ear. "Missed you," she murmured, enjoying the way it made the girl squirm. "Did you miss me?"

Camila gave an almost imperceptible nod, pressing just slightly closer into Lauren's grasp.

"If you two don't mind?" James asked, arching an eyebrow. "We have some recording to do."

"Just saying hi," Lauren said blithely, giving the man a cheeky grin.

James rolled his eyes. "Say 'hi' to the booth, instead," he suggested.

Lauren tipped Camila a wink as she bounced off the couch, loving the way it made the girl duck her head, trying to hide her grin.

__________________________________

The next week passed in a haze of stolen kisses and lazy evening in Lauren's flat—when she could convince Camila to come over. They kissed in empty rooms in the Syco office building, in changing rooms, in radio station bathrooms—whenever they could sneak a moment to press close, laughing breathlessly into each other's mouths.

It was exhilarating, enough that Lauren almost didn't mind that they had to sneak around, to worry who was watching, who might see.

The furtive touches, just a brush of the fingertips or knees pressed close together, were enough to have Lauren's heart racing, excitement thrumming through her. She and Camila hadn't gone further than some gentle dry humping, rolling their hips together as they frantically kissed. It was the longest Lauren had ever gone without falling into bed with someone, and it was both frustrating and thrilling, the anticipation building with every touch, every kiss.

Camila was all she could think about, the way she squirmed against Lauren, the way she panted and moaned into her mouth. The way she might look naked, flushed and desperate under Lauren, or perched over her. Wanting her. The ideas consumed Lauren's mind.

Friday morning the girls were back at Syco, filming some silly scenes for the behind-the-scenes DVD—fake game shows and sing-alongs, pranks...
It was ridiculous stuff, but they were promised that the fans would love it, would want to see them acting like a bunch of kids, misbehaving and generally making nuisances of themselves.

Lauren reveled in it, frankly. She missed being an irresponsible kid, and wasn't going to turn down the opportunity to play at it for a few days.

But, watching Camila throw back her head and laugh at the sight of Ally in a wig, and twerking, Lauren didn't want to play around anymore. She wanted to get Camila alone, to kiss those laughing lips and make her flush pink for another reason.

She figured if they both claimed they needed the bathroom, they could manage to snatch fifteen minutes before anyone asked any questions. Not long enough, but it would have to do. She sidled over to Camila, slinging a friendly arm around the girl's shoulder and pulling her closer, intending to whisper in her ear.