.04 - Cookie dough ice cream

I just had to use this gif bc of the title

I just had to use this gif bc of the title. Enjoy the chapter!

***

Charlie had trouble focusing at school that day. Her mind was buzzing with thoughts about her friends and family, leaving no room to think about academics. She couldn't help but think that all the weird events that had been happening over the past week had been related. Lydia running naked in the woods, Erica's dramatic change in attitude and appearance, constantly seeing the mystery doctor who isn't actually a doctor, Lydia's freakout at the ice rink and in her bedroom this morning, and finally the mysterious conversation the strawberry blonde had with herself outside the counselor's office. Everything that happened seems so different and unlikely to be related, but it came all at once. Charlie knew she was crazy for thinking it, but there was no way all of that was a coincidence.

While she wasn't busy trying to make sense of the bazaar occurrences, she was left with the somber thoughts of her family drama. It was clear that her parents hadn't changed their minds about Erica. They knew how this deeply upset Charlie, so they tried being extra loving and consoling towards her to make up for it. All throughout the school day, Michael and Rachel Reyes had been thinking up ways to earn Charlie's forgiveness. Rachel picked up a gallon of Charlie's favorite ice cream, chocolate chip cookie dough, from the store while Michael bought her two tickets to a rave.

Charlie hadn't heard from her older twin in over a day. Usually she would be preoccupied with worry over her fragile sister, but now she mainly felt angry and betrayed. She spent her whole life by her Erica's side. Caring for her, doing her best to cheer her up and make her feel loved. But the minute Erica found something better, something that would change her into the person she always wanted to be, she abandoned Charlie. Not even offering an explanation.

The final bell rung and Charlie heaved her backpack on to her shoulder, trudging out of the library. She was grateful that her last class was so laid-back, being a library assistant wasn't so bad after all.

Lydia decided to stay wait at school for the lacrosse game instead of going home first, so Charlie didn't need to give her a ride. When the dirty-blonde haired girl got home she was met with the smiling faces of her parents. 

"Hey sweetie, how was school?" Rachel Reyes asked, beckoning her daughter to sit down at the table with them.

"Fine." Charlie replied bluntly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I got you something from the grocery store," her mother walked over to the refrigerator, pulling a gallon-sized ice cream container out of the freezer. "It's cookie dough, your favorite." 

"And I got you some tickets to the rave coming up." Michael Reyes proudly waved the two tickets in the air.

"Are you really trying to buy my forgiveness?" Charlie said, raising an eyebrow.

"We just don't want you to be mad at us, Char."

"Well maybe you should've thought of that before kicking Erica out." Charlie angrily set her backpack down and stomped towards the front door.