.02 - The doctor who isn't actually a doctor

***

***

Charlie sat outside Erica's hospital room with her head in her hands. It had been a while since they had to visit the hospital. Just when Charlie thought her sister had been getting better, she had yet another seizure. 

After what happened in gym, an ambulance came and took Erica to the hospital. Charlie was adamant about coming with and since she was direct family, they let her. She didn't care if she missed class, as long as she was by her sister's side. As long as she could make sure that Erica would be okay.

Melissa had just left Erica's room and found a sullen looking girl right outside the door. "Hey Charlie, your sister's going to be fine. Why don't you head back to school?" she offered a warm smile.

"Thanks for your help Melissa, but I think I'll stay here, I at least want to talk to her before I go." 

Melissa's heart warmed at Charlie's devotion to her sister. So instead of pressing further, she nodded and walked away to check on her next patient. 

Not even a minute later, a man in a doctor's coat walked in Erica's room. At first Charlie brushed it off, assuming that the doctor had come to check up on Erica, but she became suspicious when the 'doctor' left the room ten seconds later, wheeling Erica in a different direction.

"Hey, wait up!" Charlie ran towards the man, startling him. "Why are you moving her? Meli- um, I mean Nurse McCall said that she'll be fine."

The man briefly looked over at Charlie and she nearly gasped when she realized that he was only a few years older than her, probably in his early twenties.

"Your sister'll be fine, we need to run a few tests on her, that's all." the man responded vaguely.

"Oh, alright. I'll just wait until she's don-"

"She might have to stay and rest for a while after the tests are done, you should get back to school." Charlie was about to object, but decided it would be best it she complied. Besides, nothing bad would happen to Erica at a hospital, not with all these doctors and medical professionals around, right?

***

It was lunch time when Charlie finally made it back to school. She made her way into the cafeteria looking for her friends, but frowned when she couldn't find Allison nor Lydia. She was about to give up and sit at the table closest to the doors, when she saw Scott sitting alone. She started walking towards his table and saw Stiles talking - no, more like disputing over something with Boyd, who was in the same grade level as them. Letting her curiousity get the best of her, Charlie stopped a few feet away from Stiles, listening in to their conversation.

"I said 50." Boyd said, looking very unamused.

"Really, I - I remember 20. I don't know. I have a really good verbal memory. And I remember 20. I remember that distinct 'twa' sound, 'twa - enty.'" Stiles replied.