Chapter 18

I walked into the mansion and Kol was waiting in the lounge room for me.

"I heard that my beloved sister has killed Katerina." Kol smirked at me. "And you were her beautiful accomplice."

I giggled, "Yes, she is very much dead. I watched her heart leave her chest."

"Well, I think you are much prettier anyway." Kol smiled, walking over to me so we were standing in front if each other. "Not as pretty as me, though."

I laughed, "Of course not, Kol." 

He chuckled at me slightly, but his smile faded off quickly. I cocked my head to the side slightly, as if to ask him what was wrong. He leaned in slightly closer, so out foreheads were touching.

I started to breath heavier, as I gazed into his dark eyes. He stared back at me, not saying a word. He leaned in a little closer, and our lips were nearly touching, my heart was beating so fast.

Then there was a slight cough, somebody was in the room trying to make themselves known. Kol growled slightly, lifting his head up to look at the person standing in the doorway behind me.

"Brother." Nik seethed at Kol. His face full of anger, and his arms folded.

"Nik." Kol replied awkwardly.

Nik grumbled something under his breath about 'stupid family', before speeding through the room and pouncing on Kol.

"Jealous, mate?" Kol managed to cough out from underneath Nik. Nik was throwing continuous punched to Kol's face.

"Nik, don't!" I yelled, running over and trying to pull him off. It was quiet pointless, as the 1000 year old hybrid was obviously going to be stronger than a couple month old vampire.

"Please, Nik." I pleaded, but I got ignored.

Nik stopped punching and stood up, as did Kol. Kol's face was covered in blood and bruises. He took this opportunity to punch Nik in the face, sending him flying through the house.

Nik just stood up, and stood in a defensive manner. He pulled a dagger out of his Jacket pocket, "Stand down, mate."

Kol just chuckled, "the daggers are getting old. Find something else to use when you want us to go away."

Kol grabbed my arm and used his vampire speed to speed us up to his room at the other end of the mansion. I got some cloth and water and cleaned up the blood on his face.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, dabbing up one particularly bad cut.

"I'll be alright, when it heals, that is." He smiled weakly, studying my face as I wiped up the wounds.

I smiled sympathetically. "Why did Nik snap like that?"

Kol sighed, and looked away from me. "It's because he loves you."

I looked down, "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, sweetheart." Kol told me, putting his hand up to my face and stroking it gently with his thumb.

I looked back up to Kol, and his wounds were pretty much healed, there was just still some dried blood on his face. I dabbed them a little more, so his face was clean.

We looked into each other's eyes for a while, and I seemed to get lost in them. Just as before, he keened forward, so our foreheads were touching. I smiled at him, as he ran his fingers through my curly hair.

All of a sudden there was a loud ring of Kol's phone. I groaned, as did he.

"What do you want, Nik?" Kol asked, holding the phone grumpily to his ear.