Chapter 12

We walked into the grill. It was after 4:00 so school was out and all the kids were in the restaurant. There were heaps of familiar faces, Matt, Jeremy, Tyler, Caroline and Bonnie.

Kol and I both had sunglasses on so they couldn't recognise us. I was wearing a tight grey t-shirt and black leggings. I had black heels and my hair was curled loosely and hung in front of my face.

Kol wore his usual brown leather jacket and a white shirt. He had black jeans on and his hair fell around his head messily. I had asked him if his humanity was off, like mine, and he had his on, so he could feel the good parts of humanity.

"Elena!" Caroline yelled, waving her hand over to me and beaming widely. "We've been waiting, you are so late!"

I changed myself so I wouldn't be compared to her, for once. I guess it didn't work.

I smirked, as a plan came to my head. I winked at Kol as I walked into their direction. The evil smile on his face told me he knew what I was up to. He wondered off to get a table and no doubt some alcohol.

"Caroline! How are you?" I put on my best smile, pretending to be my twin sister.

"You curled your hair! It looks different." She frowned lightly. I held in the urge to roll my eyes. Idiot, this is why I was never friends with her.

"Yeah, haha." I tried to laugh.

"So what are you going to do about getting your sister's humanity back?" She asked, leaning forward.

I frowned. She knows about vampires.

"Yeah, I haven't seen her in so long!" Jeremy exclaimed. "I know she had it turned off, but she went missing so we can't even try to help her."

Matt nodded, as did Tyler.

"I wish there was some kind of spell I could do...." Bonnie sighed.

I quickly stood up "I..... Um..... Yeah." I mumbled before leaving the table and rushing to Kol.

"They know everything about Vampires. And about me." I told him with a whisper.

"Well that means we should get out of here before we have to deal with them, doesn't it." He smirked, standing up and leading me out of the bar.

"Elena wait!" Caroline yelled, running over. She stood in front of me.

"I'm sorry about Jenna." She said, leaning in for a hug. What happened to Jenna? Before I could think she jabbed a needle into my back. Vervain...

I groaned and stumbled forwards, looking at Kol, who grabbed Caroline and snapped her neck. He picked me up and Vampire sped out of the grill.

I woke up on the sofa of an unknown bedroom. I looked over to see Kol's concerned face.

"They know." I sighed. "It was a trap!"

He nodded, "It's okay, sweetheart."

I got up. "I'm going to kill them."

"Wait, I want you to meet my family." Kol smiled.

He led my through the house. It was more of a mansion, actually. We walked into a lounge room. On one sofa sat a pretty girl with blond hair and a similar fashion type to me. On the same sofa, an attractive man sat smirking, he had blue eyes and short, light brown hair. On a chair on the other side of the room a man who held himself up straight and wore a suit sat. He had dark brown hair and eyes, like Kol.

"I'm Rebekah." The girl smiled, waving slightly. I could already tell we were going to be besties. I smiled and waved back.

"Niklaus. But call me Nik." The man next to Rebekah smiled, raising his eyebrows.