Chapter 16

After our accidental blood fest at the campsite, Kol and I decided we weren't ready to return back to Mystic Falls just yet. We got a nice little hotel near a bar and a few shops.

We stayed here for about 3 nights, and tonight is our last.

We decided to go to a different bar, about 5 blocks away, just as a change. We walked in there and there was a group of about 8 loud people sitting around a table, drinking beer.

As soon as Kol and I walked into the dirty, old bar, their heads turned, clearly smelling we were vampires. That's when I smelt the awful smell of wet dog, and that's when I knew they were werewolves.

Kol smirked at them as we walked past their table. They all stared us down, their laughter stopping.

Kol and I sat at the front of the bar.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" Kol asked me, ordering us a drink.

"It's okay, just don't pick a fight." I whispered back.

Suddenly I felt glass smash against the back of my head. I groaned and turned around to see a werewolf smirking at me.

"My bite will kill you." He smirked.

"I thought it had to be a full moon." I asked the guy, turning around in my seat, and leaning my back against the bar.

"My pack has the power to bite and kill a vampire whenever, so be careful." The guy smirked.

"I can handle you, wet dog." I smirked, raising an eyebrow.

"That's it!" He yelled, standing up quickly. All of his friends followed his actions.

I got my glass and chucked it one of the guys, and it smashed into his chest. Kol ran over to them and ripped two hearts out at once.

"Want more, darlings?" He grinned in his 'evil Kol way'.

A few guys ran at him, but the guy who threw the glass at me, and 3 other guys headed in my direction. He took the perfect opportunity to distract Kol and get to me.

Stopped inches away from my face. "You can't challenge me, vampire." He growled, grabbing my neck.

I choked slightly, and grabbed a fork that was lying on the bar. Stuck it into his stomach, making him groan, but not really back off like I had hoped. I pulled the fork out of his stomach and threw it with Vampire strength at the guy to his left. It stuck into his throat, making him bleed everywhere and eventually, bleed to death.

He growled once again before his eyes turned completely black, and his fangs were, longer than I've ever seen. His pack must be strong, and big.

Reached for something else on the bar, the only thing I could find was a plate. I smashed it over the main guy's head, so it smashed into pieces. I grabbed a shard and threw it to the guy on the right, making it stick straight into his heart. He tumbled onto the floor, groaning until he died.

The main guy became even more furious at my actions and removed his hand from my neck. Before I had a chance to move, his teeth clamped down right on the bottom of my neck, where it joins to my shoulder. His teeth stayed lodged in my skin long enough for the venom to seep in, so it could slowly, painfully kill me.

I screamed, and pushed him off weakly. "Kol!" I yelled, dropping to the ground.

I saw him rip off the last guy he was fighting's head and rush over to me. He saw I had been bit and grabbed the guy that bit me angrily.

"I'm going to rip out your teeth and shove them in your eyeballs!" Kol yelled, grabbing the guy's neck and lifting him up.

His head looked strained, like it was about to pop off in a cartoonish way, and sure enough, it did. Once his head was rolling away on the floor, Kol picked me up and sped back to the hotel lying me down on the queen bed we shared.

I was drifting in and out of consciousness, the bit hurting every time I moved.

"Niklaus! Get to me right now, I need your blood. Corey got bit by a werewolf. I'll text you my location" I vaguely heard Kol yell down the phone. Luckily all of our stuff was packed and we were ready to leave first thing in the morning, but Kol was running around getting the last minute stuff together.

I heard a knock on the door, I think. It could be a hallucination, I'm not 100% sure.

"Save her!" Kol demanded, it sounded like he was pacing up and down the room. I was drenched in sweat and I kept shaking and shivering.

"A please would be nice, mate." Nik told Kol.

Nik walked over to me, biting his wrist. "Looks like he got you good, didn't he. I hope my brother here gave him the proper punishment for hurting his girl."

Nik put his wrist in my mouth, and as I drank I felt my wound healing. He was brushing my curly hair out of my face soothingly.

"I'll get her home without any more fights. I think its safest." Nik told Kol, picking me up and carrying me. I was still feeling a little dizzy and sleepy, I think I just needed rest.

"I don't think so." Kol argued. "I bought her here, I'll take her home."

At this point, I just wanted to go home, it didn't really matter with who. I closed my eyes and let Nik carry me around.

I was about to fall asleep, when I heard Kol's voice yell something very weird, but maybe I was just tired and didn't hear properly.

"Let me take her, I think I love her!"

A.N

Hey guys, I know it's a short chapter, but I hope you are enjoying the book!

I try to update as much as I can, but I like to write a few chapters ahead, so if I don't get time to write, I can upload a chapter.

Any feedback is appreciated, I'll try not to do many author's notes, but as always, please vote, comment and share!

xx