Chapter Two - I'll Look After You

Carlotta's POV

'I'll Look After You' are the last things I heard before I left the Westlands.

"WAIT, are you saying that Kahlan is your twin?" I nod. "Kahlan? Is this true?"

"Yes." SHe says, looking away from Richard. 

"Why? Why did you never tell me? Did you think I was untrustable?!"

"No, Richard, it's nothing like that. I promise." She says. I raise my eyebrows. Oh oh oh oh be my baby. Oh oh oh oh be my baby, and I'll look after you. He was so sweet to me, and now at least Kahlan gets that luxury. I walk away from the group, rubbing my tummy. I think I may be pregnant. I was..... intimate with my boyfriend before Mord'Sith killed him. A new Confessor is what everyone needs at the moment. I still can't believe it. I raise my hand off my stomach, about two inches. I am pregnant. Goddammit. I can't tell anyone, but I must go to Aydindrill now. I slip away from everyone, still wit hthe boxes of Orden. I take one of their horses, hoping they won't mind. I set off, for home.

Richard's POV.

"Lotta? Lotta? Where are you?" I call.

"Richard, one of the horses is missing. Lotta must have taken it. She's probably gone back to -" Kahlan says, stopping abruptly.

"Kahlan, you know something don't you?" I ask her. SHe looks away from me, ashamed. "Tell me what you know, Kahlan," I demand.

"She said something about going home. Being pregnant. OR something similar. Her home is Aydindrill. She'll be there by now, 'cos she's taken a horse." She tells me, biting her lip. Pregnant. I knew she must have found someone worthy!

"No questions, tell Zedd we're going to Aydindrill now!" I say to her. "NOW!" I yell. She jumps anad  runs to where Zedd is. We hear shouts of guards and many horses. We see that one of them has Lotta on. She is grinning and the are yelling at her to stop. She has loads have food. SHe throws it through the air and I catch it. The guards follow her relentlessly anyway. She clicks and her horse speeds up. She dissapears out of the sight, the guards close behind.

Carlotta's POV

Damn. They didn't stop to get the food. If they had I could have done my disappear and reappear trick. Oops. They catch up to my horse and grab the reins. 

"Hold up, theif. You need to join the line of criminals for today."

"Whatever." I say and roll my eyes. One rides back to Kahlan. 

"You need to come too. You have the food." WTF? 

"OK." I quickly mutter something to her and she nods. We allow them to take us there. 

"At least 'llow us go to the Lord together, please." Kahlan says. They look at each other and shrug. 

"OK."