09 | Twenty Bucks

Chapter Nine

"Stiles?" I question, keeping my eyes closed as I sit upright with my head against a wall.

"Hm.." Stiles mumbles from beside me.

"We're never getting out of here.." I complain, slowly opening my eyes.

"You can't think like that, Liz." Stiles leans forward. "They're coming for us. Okay? I know they are."

"I thought that at first too. Especially since Aunt Carol remembers us, but...I don't know. It's been days since Peter made it back." I acknowledge.

"Liz-" Stiles tries,

"No, Stiles. I've been getting these visions...of Aunt Carol." I admit, causing him to dart upright. "She's in pain. She has no idea where I am, or if I'm even alive."

Aunt Carol sits on my bed, feeling the quilted blanket with her fingers as a tear slides down her cheek.

She raises her chin, sniffling before she wipes her face with both hands. "Oh, sweetie. Just tell me where you are." she pleads.

Her eyes trail over to the small, worn out, teddy-bear sitting in front of my pillows, causing a smile to form on her face. "You kept this old thing? Why the hell would you keep this.." she laughed, picking up the fragile relic.

"Elizabeth. Where are you?" Aunt Carol whines, more tears forming in her eyes as she clutches the bear against her chest.

"You are going to make it out of here, okay Liz?" Stiles affirms. "You're gonna graduate highschool, make it to college- get married, and have adorable little witch-werewolf children with your boyfriend."

"You're ridiculous." I let out a laugh, before my eyebrows furrow. "And oddly descriptive...for the record, we would be home already if you'd let me hitch a ride on a Ghost Rider."

"You would've died." Stiles deadpans, causing my eyebrows to furrow.

"You don't know that." I bicker.

"Did you not see what happened to the sleep-deprived, curly-haired, kid?" Stiles' eyes widen.

"He was human." I note. "Technically speaking, I'm not."

Stiles narrows his eyes.

"I'll bet you twenty bucks I make it home before you." I grin, extending my hand for Stiles to shake.

His mouth falls open for a second before he takes my hand in his, roughly shaking it in agreement. "You're on."

"But if you die in the process, so help me-" Stiles started,

"Stiles.." I caution, raising my eyebrows.

"Right. 'You'll be fine'." Stiles reassures,

"So, are you gonna watch me succeed, or not?" I chirp, getting up from my spot against the wall, holding my hand down to help Stiles up.

He rolls his eyes, accepting my hand. "Why not?"

"Okay, so I'm gonna run and jump, and hopefully make it onto the Ghost Rider's back, and through the rift.." I explained, pointing to the tracks, while Stiles and I stood on the platform to the side.

"Wait- you were serious?" Stiles rose his eyebrows.

"What? Of course I was serious." I spat. "Why would you think I wasn't?"

"Well, I just figured that you were trying to make a point. Or that you would find another way," Stiles rambled, causing me to fold my arms.

"So you're not gonna let me jump?" I clenched my jaw.