07 | A Ghost Town

Chapter Seven

As the loud thunder and rain completely disappeared from my ears, I continued screaming and clawing at the ground beneath me as I was dragged across a set of train-tracks.

My shrieks of fear and pain continue as I'm pulled through any excess dirt and metal remaining on the tracks, until we finally enter a building. The grip on my ankle is loosened, causing me to slide across the floor, straight into a wall. I let out a faint screech in pain as my body collides with the wall, allowing me to spit out some dirt and grass in the process.

I curl up in an ball on the spot where I landed, too frail to move as my eyes attempt to stay open and take in my surroundings.

There are a bunch of people huddled beside each other, all attempting to hide behind the rows of waiting benches as their faces trembled in fear.

As soon as the Ghost Rider's horses let out various 'neighs', they took off back into the tunnel we had entered from.

Almost on cue, everyone in the train-station robotically got up from their fearful positions, walking back over to their assigned benches. Once they sat down, their faces grew comatose as they all stared blankly into thin air.

My eyes scanned the station as the loud-speaker made another announcement.

I'm in a train-station.

Beacon Hills doesn't have a train-station.

"Elizabeth?" Stiles' voice cautiously erupted, causing me to slowly lift my face.

"Stiles.." I whimpered, as he raced over to my side, looking down at me with concern.

"Oh my god- Liz, are you okay?" Stiles badgered. "Wait- why are you here? How are you here?"

"'How' do you think?" I scowled, as he attempted to pick me up.

Before he could begin helping me up, I enveloped Stiles in a large bear hug, extremely relieved to find him alive.

As I wrapped my arm around his neck, I began losing my balance. "Whoa..c'mon." he led me over to an open seat on a waiting bench.

"Where the hell are we?" I intently questioned, letting out a hiss in pain as I adjusted myself on the long wooden bench.

Stiles' throat tightened, ready to inform me of our whereabouts before the infamous Peter Hale waltzed over to us.

"What, no 'hello'? No, 'how are you'?" Peter trailed off, while my eyes remained fixated on his face.

"If I'm being completely honest, I forgot all about you." I smugly acknowledged, causing his face to fall flat as I wiped several patches of dirt off my arms and legs.

"Liz, how'd you get here?" Stiles continued, anxiously tapping his foot as his hand remained on his chin. "Were you erased?"

I slowly nodded. "Yeah. We were at the Lacrosse game, losing miserably in an attempt to protect some of our stupid teammates, when the Ghost Riders showed up." I addressed. "They must've snagged me at the last second."

"Okay...but do you remember how you got here?" Stiles questioned, causing me to shake my head again.

"All I remember is being dragged across a muddy Lacrosse field on my broken ankle, and suddenly appearing on an old pair of train tracks." I admitted.