Chapter 18

Courtney P.O.V.

"Where were you all night?" Lily asked me suspiciously after my failed attempt at sneaking back into the room unnoticed. I felt the heat rise in my face and mumbled something, hoping Lily wouldn't bother me anymore. Sadly, Lily is not that kind of person. "Courtney," she said in what I know referred to as her Head Girl voice.

"Fine, if you must know, I was with Sirius," I said hurriedly, wanting to get it out of the way as soon as possible. And, speak of the devil. Someone knocked on the door, and I had a sneaking suspicion of who it was.

"Cory, can I talk to you?" Sirius voice came from behind the door. Lily suddenly beamed widely at me and threw her covers off before opening and shoving me out the door.

"Don't be too long," she said sternly before letting her mad giggling break loose. I could still hear her after the door shut, but Sirius pulled be slightly down the hallway so he could speak to me.

"So, what is it?" I asked, smiling at him. My smile faltered when I saw the hesitant and nervous look on his face.

"Er, well...I just wanted to tell you that I love you," he said hesitantly. I let out a gentle laugh and put my arms around his neck.

"Well duh," I said in a slightly teasing voice. "You told me that last night."

"Yes but, I wasn't sure what you were going to say," Sirius said shyly, ducking his head so I couldn't see the blush spreading across his face. This was a side of Sirius I had never seen before. Usually he was cool and confident to the point of arrogance, but now he was almost...shy.

"Hmm, let me think, I was going to tell you I hate you and I never want to see you again," I said sarcastically. Honestly, this boy could be extremely thick at times. "Idiot," I murmured, brushing my lips ever so slightly across his.

"And...you don't regret it, or anything?"

I let my eyes meet his. "No, I don't." His smile came out again. I had never seen that smile until yesterday, but I knew if he just showed me a glimpse of that, I would never ever want to leave him again. He leaned forward and gently placed his mouth on mine, kissing me softly.

Suddenly, a door banged open, making us jump apart. Sirius scowled at James, who had just come out of his room, dressed only in a pair of sweats, his glasses askew on his nose and him ruffling his hair tiredly. I guess old habits die hard. "James," Sirius said through gritted teeth. "You just interrupted us again!"

James looked over at me, surprise crossing his face as if he hadn't realized I was there. "Oops, sorry," he said, his voice sounding lower than usual as he was still half asleep. "D-didn't mean t-to," James yawned widely, his eyes closing for a second before he shook himself slightly awake.

Sirius snorted slightly, but didn't argue since he knew James was basically asleep at the moment. "Why are you up anyways?" I asked, stiffling a laugh as he swayed on spot and almost fell over.

"I dunno," he mumbled, stiffling a another yawn with the back of his hand.

"James," Lily said, sounding disapproving but amused at the same time. "Did you interrupt them again?"

"Maybe," he said tiredly, looking bleary eyed at Lily. She slipped out of our room and put an arm around his waist.

"Come on, let's get you back to bed," she said in a motherly voice. I couldn't help but allow a small snort escape, this was just too funny.

"Yes, ickle Jamesiepoo need his sweep," I said in a baby voice, going to help Lily half drag James back to his bed. Sirius was laughing out in the hall as I spoke to James again. "All right James, now no more staying up until midnight," I said sternly, pulling the covers over him, but allowing Lily to tuck him in. "That was very naughty thing to do."