Chapter 11

Courtney P.O.V.

Damn Sirius. Damn Lily. Damn the rest of my roomates. Damn it all. I had tried to get out of the dare, tried to pretend like it never happened, but of course, the next night after classes, Lily suddenly remembered and scolded me for not doing what Sirius told me to do.

Honestly, he expected me to give in to dying my hair blue without a fight? Fortunately, with my being a metamorphmagus, I can change my hair without dying it and just change it back once the week is up.

So, now, I'm currently sitting in my dorm, arguing with Lily over which color of blue I should do. I wanted to use a rather dark blue that wouldn't be as noticeable, but Lily pointed out that Sirius had told me to dye it bright blue. "Fine," I grumbled, slumping down onto my bed. "I'll do it, just give me a sec in the bathroom."

Lily shot me a curious look as I walked in there. I stared at my curly brown hair in the mirror before scrunching my face up and turning the hair to a bright blue color. "Oh, yuck," I said distastfully, picking at a strand of my now blue hair.

"What'd you say?" Lily called, opening the door. She gaped at my hair for a moment before demanding to know how quickly I'd changed it.

I sighed and said, "Alright, I knew this would get out some time, just promise not to tell anyone okay?" Lily nodded eagerly before looking at me with an expectant expression. "I'm a metamorphmagus," I stated simply while Lily, after looking shocked for a moment let out a squeal of excitement.

"I knew something was up when you came down with red streaks in your hair!"

"Yes, yes, alright. It's all very exciting, but could you please keep it down? Nobody knows about it," I said, glancing towards the bathroom door before tying my hair back into a messy ponytail. The only good thing about this dare would be the expressions on people's faces when they saw my hair. Oooh, I just remembered. Sirius is supposed to 'forget' to wear a shirt today. This'll be absolutely hilarious.

Lily was still chatting excitedly about me being a metamorphmagus, though, by now I had learned how to tune out her incessent rambling. "Can we just go and get this over with?" I asked, interrupting Lily who glared at me for a moment before smiling widely.

"Sure," she agreed and followed me out of the room.

"What do you think people will say about it," I asked, tugging on the end of the ponytail.

Lily smiled slyly at me and said, "I'm sure Sirius will love you even more for it."

I grinned back and said, "Did you know he's going to 'forget' to wear his shirt today?"

We had identical grins on our faces as we entered the common room. I watched amused as people spotted my abnormally colored hair and struggled not to laugh at their gobsmacked faces. "Oi! Sirius! You ready yet?" I shouted up the stairs. Honestly, that boy takes forever to get ready.

"Just about!" he called back. I headed over to an armchair near Lily and James, who were sitting next to eachother on the couch.

"Why does he take so long?" I complained, slouching in my chair so my legs were stuck straight out in front of me.

James shrugged and replied, "Padfoot will be Padfoot."

I rolled my eyes and fiddled with the hem of the usual skirt before looking up when I heard footsteps from the boys' dorm. Sirius came down, grinning widely, hands shoved into his pants pockets. His tie was tied loosely around his neck, though a very important artical of clothing was missing.

Wow...he has got some fine looking abs. I wish I could just run my hands over them..and what am I thinking? I mentally scolded myself before grinning at Sirius whose jaw had just dropped when he saw my hair. "I didn't think you'd actually do it," he said surprised before examing a piece of my now blue locks.