Chapter 3

"It looks... almost scary." I said as mom dropped me off at the new school.

"I can't believe I'm hearing that coming from you." Mom chuckle "When since do you find anything scary?"

"Since today," I said still sitting in the car and refusing to get out "Just look at the place and all these kids, I bet they're all jerks."

"Well that shouldn't be anything new to you, you've been living with similar ones for over ten years." she responded "And you saw them everyday yet you mastered that so well, public high school should be a breeze for you now. You'll have no problem with academics since you've been taught most of what they're going to be teaching again here, they even moved you up a grade so you should be fine."

"In academics maybe but what about surviving socially? What do I do? I have no idea how to behave around these people, I wasn't taught that." I said to her.

"Cassie you're worrying for nothing. High School will be just like boarding at the organization, you behave normal, follow the rules and everything will be just like going to school at the organization" mom said to me "Well except that you won't be taught how to fight, fire guns, handle weapons and such. Don't show that part of you and try to blend in, you'll be fine Cas."

"I don't know... You know I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I'd rather still be at Cleaner's institute." I sighed.

"You need to get accustom to the changes Cassie, you'll eventually get over it. Now get out the car, you're not the only one who has a first day," mom said to me "I don't want to be late for work."

"Can't I just swing by with you and hang around, you know try to learn the ropes instead of being here? I have graduated high school level already." I said to her "So why not get me in the officially working world?"

"Two reasons: one, you're still a minor and two, you still have a whole lot to learn for example following orders and learning to stick with your cover. Come on, get out, go to school." mom said leaning over to open my door "I'll see you at three or if I can't make it, Harvey will. Now have a good first day, good luck."

"Yeah thanks." I mumbled in a sarcastic tone before getting out the car.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do okay?" Mom called to me.

"Wouldn't dream of it." I responded rolling my eyes and shutting the door.

Giving me a smile, mom shake her head at me and drove off. I sighed as I started making my way to the school's entrance.

Cassie's first day outfit

As I walked I tried not to make it obvious that I was new and hadn't seen a real high school yet before

As I walked I tried not to make it obvious that I was new and hadn't seen a real high school yet before. The parking lot was huge with kids hanging out there as well as some sitting on benches and going different places. I have already gotten my class schedule and a map of the school picked up before. Harvey and mom made sure to get all that so I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of trying to figure where the hell to go or what to do. Even though they had already picked up everything I needed,they told me that the principal had suggested that I see her so that she could assigned someone to show me around the school so I wouldn't be lost on my first day. Not that I was going to do that, I already had the map and I was still some minutes early since school starts at 8:30 am and now was only 8:06 am. I still had 24minutes to try finding out where my first two classes before lunch were located and it's not like I had any other way of killing time. Plus I heard that since it was a first day back to school after there was going to be a general assembly where they'd welcome new and returning students.