Chapter 2

"Thats it Cassie! You got this!" I heard my coach Collin shouted from outside the ring as I landed a punch on my opponent's jaw causing her to stumble back.

The punch caught her off guard causing my opponent Simone Vega to become disoriented a bit but was still on her feet. I used that to my advantage as I advanced on her and began landing multiple body punches making her weak. She tried shielding herself from me but I had the upper hand sending a few jabs before the bell rang ending the second to last round. If I manage to knock her out in the last round, I'd officially be the flyweight champion for this year. Collin and Farr were in the ring toweling me down and squirting water in my mouth.

"Listen Cassie, you already almost got this alright. No slowing down, you could have ended this in that last round, she almost went out with that punch" Collin said dabbing the towel over my forehead before turning my cheek up inspecting it "You can't afford to lose focus, see she managed to catch you off guard with that first blow can't let anymore of those slip in"

"I know, I know. Is it bad?" I asked.

"It's starting to swell a bit but it won't be too bad once you're done and get some ice on it." Farr was the one who responded "You can't let her get in anymore like those."

"Don't take this lightly and blow it alright, you already have the belt and the title so make it official. Go back in there and give a clean ending, you've been waiting for this for years now go take her down already" Collin said to me as the bell rang again.

"Okay, got it" I nodded as the teeth\mouth guard was slipped back into my mouth before jumping back in the center of the ring.

Vega and I danced around each other in the ring in our fighting stance, it was like she was waiting for me to make the first move so I gave her what she was waiting for my sending a punch her way. Vega managed to dodge that one and send a punch back at me, I tried blocking it but it still connected me in the temple almost causing me to be disoriented. Oh no she didn't. I have to hand it to her, the girl did have a powerful punch but that's what pissed me off more and caused my body to be pumping with adrenaline. I tried remembering all the practices I have gotten and everything Collin had taught me these past months.

 I tried remembering all the practices I have gotten and everything Collin had taught me these past months