one - the controlling boyfriend

c o m p l e t e d ; february - april '14

- - - - - - - - - -

n o t e ;

I have had enough with people commenting about how I've 'copied' this book from a Bollywood movie. And believe me, there are tons of those. But you should know that I didn't. It was about three months after when I published the first chapter of this book that someone has told me about the movie, and I had absolutely no idea that it even existed. Sure, there are some similarities, but there are a lot more differences too. It'll only be a matter of time before I get fed up dealing with such kind of problems, and I'll no longer have this up anymore just for the sake of avoiding confusion and complications. 

- - - - - - - - - -

          Today is the day when Drew Walter is going to be judged.

          He looks around the court to see that there are a lot of people staring at him with blank expressions on, silently scanning and judging him—from business people who he's acquainted with to citizens he never talks to. However, he doesn't seem to care, because only one thought keeps wandering around in his mind, running in circles, and he still can't be able to wrap himself around it.

          He killed two people in a car accident. And he is the only one who survived.

          He still can't believe it. He can't believe that the two people he killed in the accident were a married couple who had a family. A family of five, except not anymore. It's just three now. Multiple of possible punishments are now running through his mind until the judge clears his throat, bringing him back from his thoughts.

          Then, the judge starts to read from a piece of paper to announce the consequences for his action, and he can hear his heart beating in his throat. "We are gathered here today to announce what we are going to do about the Saunders' children who have just recently lost their parents due to a tragic accident caused by Andrew Mason Walter."

           "Mr. Walter, it is the laws order that from now on, until to the time when the Saunders' children turn eighteen years old, they will have to stay in your house, and you're completely responsible of all of them. The court moreover orders you to fully take care of them; you can't put them in any sort of boarding school, and also without them, you can't leave the country."

          He takes a shaky breath as he clenches his fists. He never intended for this to happen, or planned on taking care of the Saunders' kids. Now he really wants to run away from the court, and to somewhere far, far away as the judge continues to speak.

           "In exactly three months, I am going to visit you and the children in your house. If I see that you haven't been taking care of them properly, or that the children aren't happy with you, or that you abused the children, then you will be sentenced for twenty years."

          You have got to be kidding me, he thinks to himself in disbelief. He has to take care of three children until they turn eighteen? This is completely ridiculous. This is so absurd; he continues to say in his mind. He imagines himself taking care of three crying, sensitive children, but can't bear to go on anymore. He's sure that he's going to give up right when they step into his house.

           "The court will send the three children to your house today in the late afternoon. You are now responsible." The judge then takes his eyes off of Drew, and stares at the crowd before him with that same empty expression on his face. "This court is now adjourned."