Chapter Six--Reality? No, no. This is a mistake!

"There is something different about her," I heard a soggy voice say.

"Yes, we need you to find out." Another voice said. I was strapped to a cold metal table, wearing a cheap hospital dress.

"She's waking up."

"Is she safe?"

"Yes, she's fine."

My head felt like it had been slammed into a brick wall a gazillion times, and all of my muscles were burning like crazy.

"Ugh." I groaned.

"Should we sedate her?" Oh, no, no, that won't be necessary. Please.

"Please don't." I slowly opened my eyes to just what I was expecting: white walls, floor and cieling, along with the horrid smell of antiseptic. They all looked at me in surprise, and then gave each other a look. One was a woman with ultra frizzy red hair and the other was a bald man that had tatoos covering his entire head. Not exactly the stereo-typical mad scientists.

"Well, how are you feeling, Drew?" The guy asked. 

"I feel like shit." They say telling the truth is good. 

"Would you like some food? Or water? We have apples, pizza and soda."

"Ugh....I'll have some pizza." I knew that these people were toatal strangers and they had probably strapped me to this table...but I was FREAKING HUNGRY. 

The antiseptic must have done something to my brain, because the two people had alread come back with two slices of pepperoni pizza. 

"Are you safe, Drew?" The man with the tatoos asked. No one had ever said that...about my monsterness. I raised my eyebrows suspiciosly and said,

"I don't know, am I?" The docor smiled and unstrapped me, then handed me the pizza. 

It was the BEST pizza ever!!! It was a bit too greasy, just how I liked it, and there wasn't too much sauce. I ate the two pieces in 10 seconds tops. The two of them stared at me intently, and when I was done they took out clip-boards.

"Drew...do you know what--who you are?" The woman asked. Her voice was high, shrilly and annoying. 

"Hmmm...I'm a person named Drew Red...am I right?"

"Uh...no. You're...not...technically a person. A human." Her voice was flat. I didn't even know how to respond. 

"Uhh, what--?"

"Let's explain." The woman said, and then motioned for the man with the tat's to start.

"18 years ago, a scientist named James Hallentine wanted to rule the world. He knew he needed to start with and army, but they had to be willing. So he got some human eggs and started expirementing. He needed them to kill without thinking, without hesitating and to be quick. So he made hundreds...just like you. They were girls and boys, hundreds. They--all of you--were called M99, or Murder Project 99. He made hundreds...except one day one of you killed him. The CIA had been hunting him down for a while, and when they found the lab, all that they saw were a bunch of malnourished kids and a dead scientist. They didn't know what had happnened, but they took all of you and earased your memory. And then put you up for adoption. Little did they know that all of you were vicous murderers. You didn't know either...but soon we found out. We started hunting you down... and you are the first one that we found." 

I stared numbly at him. And then burst out laughing. 

"Ha, um, yea, good joke!!! You know, it's not nice to make fun of crazy people, you know." 

"It's not a joke, Drew." How could this not be a joke? Crazy scientists, murderous kids...this isn't real. It belongs in a MARVEL book, along with Batman and Robin. I timidly reached my hand up and pinched my arm. Nothing changed. I started hysarically laughing again.

"Are..you OK?" The red-head asked. I ran to the corner of the room and puked up my pizza. 

"No. Fucking. Way." I said.

And then I blacked out, thankfully not in my barf.