Honestly Forgiven

Rayne's POV

I woke up with Michael's arm draped around me, his sleeping lips softly pressed against my bare shoulder. My eyes shifted at the scene around me, "oh god." I groan, observing the broken lamp in front of me. One of my baby photos that hung on the wall was now on the floor and both Michael and I's clothes were sprawled on the floor in front of the sectional couch we laid on. I tried to lift up but I was sore to my core. I sigh in pain, causing Michael to shift awake. He also looked at the mess we had made last night in an apparent make up session that went rougher than usual.

"Could you imagine your father's face if he'd seen the mess we've made in here.." he chuckles, pulling me closer to him.

"I can only imagine. I need to clean this up..." I groan again, attempting to move my sore body once more. Michael lifts to sit up and pulls me up by the arm. I ended up leaning my head on his shoulder and closing my eyes to allow myself to enjoy this moment between us for a few seconds longer. He returns the sentiment by kissing my forehead and resting his head on mine.

"I swear if my dad wasn't dead he'd kill me." I chuckle, causing Michael to laugh. I grab Michael's clothes and toss them to him and pull my shirt over my head.

"I'm gonna head back home. I'm sure Camille is driving Leon crazy with questions about where we are." Michael says, pulling his black jeans over his hips.

I nod, "I'll be there soon, I've just gotta clean up here. We really made a mess." I look around once again and my eyes were met with Michael's. His smirk glowing at me while his arms crossed his chest. "What?" I giggle, pushing a curly strand of hair behind my ear.

"You're beautiful." He explains shortly. "That's all." He leans in, pressing his lips on mine briefly. "I'll see you at home." He says as he strokes my chin, before leaving out.

As I cleaned up Michael and I's mess, I couldn't help but think about how lucky he and I both were. We forgave each other for our mistakes, accepted each other's flaws and we're raising two beautiful children. How I could've ever considered stepping away from him is beyond me. I was happy with my life and I couldn't understand why I wanted to risk that.

"Sorry daddy." I whine as I swept up the broken glass from my framed baby photo.

***

Finally, I walked into my home being met by my son who was beating on a defeated Michael, clearly they were in the middle of an intense wrestling match. I frown as I shut the door behind me.

Camille runs up to me, linking her arms around my thigh. "Mom please save me from these boys. Mikey keeps trying to wrestle me."

Michael chuckles, lifting a cackling Jr, from his chest. "He was terrorizing his sister, he kept jumping on her back."

I giggle, pulling Camille into my leg a little more. "Poor baby."

"And he pulled my hair." She whines, pointing to a sore spot in her head.

I peck her head and walk towards the stairs leading to our rooms, Camille follows, convinced I was the safety between her and her brother. "Mommy when you get settled, can you make your fluffy pancakes?" She asks.

I frown, "Michael didn't give you breakfast?"

"Yeah but I told him I wanted your breakfast so he made something for Mikey."