Chapter 5: Confessions

Jesse's P.O.V.

I had spent the night in the inn, in town. Today I wanted to go to the statue again and look at it without people crowding it. So, I set off right away.

When I got there, I stood in front of the statue to take a better look. I was about to say something when I heard footsteps farther down the path. I ducked behind a nearby tree as I watched the figure approach. I realized it was Lukas carrying flowers.

He walked over to the statue, put the flowers in front, sat down, and leaned against it.

"Hey Jesse," he said "I know it's kind of early, I just wanted to get here before anyone." He looked up at the statue. "So, as you probably already know, everyone was here talking about the time they met you, though, I never really shared. But I remember when we first met." Lukas said.

I sat down, leaned against the tree, and waited for him to tell the story.

"It was the first ever building competition at Ender con. It was also my first year with the Ocelots. We were all excited and had been planning our build for a while. When we got there, I saw a group of three people with a pig. Back then I wasn't the nicest person, but I think that had to do with me always hanging out with the Ocelots. But when Aiden started to make fun of their build, they just shrugged it off. Even though we won, that team still looked happy with themselves. And I had admired that. I started to try to be nicer, to be like those people. There was this one girl in that group, raven hair with beautiful emerald green eyes. I didn't realize it at first, but I think I had a crush." He said starting to blush a bit. "And when the world started to fall, I got my wish to get to know her more. And she was even better than I first imagined." I noticed that he started to tear up. "And when she left, I could hardly stand it. Her friends were and have been so nice to me this past year." He looked down, then back at the statue. "We really miss you Jesse, and I would give anything to have you here now.

I was crying a little behind the tree, thoughts rushing through my head. Why did I have to leave them? Why can't I just jump out and tell him? If he only knew I was this close. He loved me back?

I felt so bad. Before I felt worse, I decided to leave. I started to walk away when suddenly I felt something snap under my foot. I looked down to see I stepped on a twig. Lukas jumped up and grabbed his sword.

"Who's there?!" he shouted as he looked in my direction. I held my breath, where can I escape? I looked through my inventory to see if I had something, anything! I found a potion of invisibility I had found in a town. I chugged it down quickly as he walked over to the tree.

I watched my hand turn invisible. He was now standing right in front of me. I stood there as it almost seemed like he was looking at me. His eyes, that used to be a soft ocean blue, now looked grey and hard.

Suddenly a chicken hopped out from the other side of the tree. It walked between us. He put his sword back and watched it walk away.

"That must have been what I heard." He relaxed. He started to walk back down the path twords the town. "I'll be back tomorrow!"

He was finally out of sight I walked back in front of the monument. But instead of looking at it, I just thought about Lukas.

It's true that my group and the Ocelots had hated each other, but I never really hated Lukas. In fact, I too had a small crush on him.

I smiled to myself and followed the path back to town.

Authors Note: Hey guys! You may have noticed, but I put titles to the chapters now so it would be easier to navigate. Anyway, sorry for the short chapter there's more on the way! As always feel free to comment any new ideas or general comments about the story!