Damaged

Hey it's me again! I hope that so far you guys are enjoying this story... I'm trying my best to make this interesting... Be gentle kay..? It's my first time writing a story so I may slip up occasionally... I apologize in advance for those mistakes. Oh and how many of you actually read the mini author's note at the start? For those reading this, please include the word ' bedazzled' in your comments:) I'm trying to write longer chapters but you have no idea how difficult it is 😓

Samantha's POV

I put down my phone and sighed. I could tell Alison was lying to me. How could I not be able to tell if I'd known her since forever? However, I let it slide since I could tell from her strained voice that she needed some time by herself. She was probably feeling overwhelmed by her past again.

Alison's POV

I awoke from my nightmare screaming and drenched in sweat. Seeing that it was still dark outside, I grabbed my phone to see what time it was. Sighing when I saw that it was only 3am, I got out of bed knowing that I wouldn't be able fall asleep again. I didn't know what pulled me in the direction of the music room, but I didn't have the heart to fight against my yearning to hear the sweet melody from the piano.

I opened the wooden doors and entered my haven. I drifted to the piano and laid my hands on the shiny keys. The mere feeling of the smooth surface was enough to bring a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes. Before I knew it, I was playing one of my previous compositions/songs- the saddest one of them all. The more I played, the faster the tears fell from my eyes. I played with more passion than I had for months.

I know you're asking for me

Everywhere that I have been

You want my forgiveness

But you also want my love

I gave it to you before

You threw it away

So why do you want it now

You've proven time and time again

You don't want my love....

When I stopped playing, I slumped forward and let all the 3 years worth of bottled up feelings spill out. I knew that no matter how many times I would try to tell myself that I've gotten over the incident that happened when I was around 14 years old, I would always be there, haunting my subconscious. With that depressing thought, I sank into the darkness.