Chapter 2- Slavery

Liljana's P.O.V.

     Kiri and I step through animal skin flap that covered the door. Each of our families hugging us and asking how it went. 

     Kiri and I have been friends since birth. We are both the same age, we were even born on the same day. Same time even. Kiri has curly brown hair that reaches the bottom of her ears, and big brown eyes that look like they could swallow you whole if you looked in them to long. She is 6 feet and has long muscular legs that carry her with great ease. Also, on top of all that, Kiri has a special skill. Somehow she can bend any man to do her will. She even has a firey attidude that matches everything about her.

    Anyways, before we can relay our tale to our families, a solider dressed in gleaming silver chain mail entered, "the king is ill! Everyone in this house hold has to pay for the treatment. Five hundred dollars per person."

     "What!" Kiri yell, appalled. "We don't have that kind of money. We barely make it through the day and your asking us for 500 dollars each!"

     "Kiri, calm down." I say soothingly, trying to pull her back. Kiri just shrugged me off and continued her rant.

     "I bet that five percent of our village can pay that amount. Hell, most people have to share a house to pay for finances and food." Kiri say, gesturing at her and my families.

     "Well then, I'm afraid you will have to come with me and work of the money that you don't have." He was planning on saying more, but Kiri was pushed over the edge and ran at him, fist preparing to punch the solider in the noes. Before she could make contact, I gripped Kiri's waist and yanked her back to the floor.

     "Don't do anything that you will regret later." I hissed in her ear. Still holding her down, I ask, "can't we make a deal? We each have about two fifty and most of the kids are really little, so what if each kid only had pay two fifty?"

     "No can do miss. I'm on strict orders. If you can't pay you work. Now come along, we have no time to waste." The solider said while gesturing for everyone to file out.

     "Lets go. At least that way we can find out what is wrong with the king." I say to Kiri, grabbing the jar filled with our rainy day money. I hand it to the solider and push through the flap. After a few seconds Kiri follows me. When I get out I find other families already standing outside their homes.

~~~~~ 

     We stood there waiting until almost every household was waiting outside. Then, the head solider I guessed, told everyone to follow him. That's when we began the slow trudge to who knows where. That's also the day, Kiri and my lives changed forever.

~~~~~

A\N

Extra upload just for you guys. You had better love me for this. No just joking haha. Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter. I know I know, it's short but I can never seem to write more then a page....