Chapter 6- Bella

A special shout out to Wolfsister. Thank you so much for being my first follower. =D :)

Liljana's P.O.V.

      We didn't have to wait until the next day to tell David. After the scene with the solider, David came to see us. "So ladies, what is your decision. Are you going to come with me or are you going to stay with your family?"

      "We are defiantly going. Today we trained Juan and we think he knows enough to support our families."  Kiri replied, overjoyed.

      Smiling, he replied, "well that's great. So pack your bags and we will head out at sunrise."

      "Sure thing. We'll see you tomorrow." I say to David, dragging Kiri to our tent.

      Once inside the tent, Kiri and I began our packing. "Liljana? Do you know where my jacket is?"

      "Um, I think it at the door." I reply. "And I think I'm done packing."

      "Me too! Lets get some sleep. Don't want to be tired tomorrow." Kiri said as she grabbed her jacket.

      Nodding, I close up my bag and crawl into my sleeping space. Sighing I close my eyes.

      "Wow Kiri. It's amazing how much our lives have changes." Rolling over to my right I face Kiri so we could talk. "We went from barely surviving girls who barely passed through life, to having a Wanderer tell us that we were what he was searching for."

      "I don't think amazing cuts it Lil'. It's.... To amazing for words. I mean, who would ever guess that we would ever be cut out for that." Kiri said, a smiling twitching at her lips.

      Rolling back over onto my back I smile, "yeah. Well, lets go to sleep. Big day tomorrow."

      My sentence quieted down near the end, my eyes we already beginning to droop. Tomorrow is the first day of our new lives, I thought to myself. Within a minute of silence, I could hear the quiet snores of Kiri. Sighing I close my eyes and fall asleep almost as soon as I relax.

~~~~~

      I was woken up my someone shaking my shoulder. "Liljana wake up. Come on Lil'. It's almost sunrise."

      A massive groan escaped my lips. Shaking me harder, Kiri said, "Liljana! Get your lazy butt up and get ready."

      I groan again and this time the shaking stopped. Almost as soon as it stopped, I was smacked across the cheek.

      Sitting up quickly I whisper angrily, "I'm up. I'm up. Don't slap me again Kiri."

      "Sorry. I needed to get you up somehow and the shaking wasn't working." She replied with a shrug.

      Shaking my head I push her backwards onto her butt. "Didn't you here me groan? That means that the I was up."

      "But that's no fun. It was way more fun to smack you." Smiling, Kiri gets to her feet. Grabbing my hand she pulled me to my feet as well.

     Snorting I reply, "whatever." 

      Kiri was already dressed so she grabbed the cloths that I had pulled out the other night and threw them at me. "Get dress Liljana. Only about an hour till sunrise."

~~~~~

      Shielding out eyes from the sun, waiting for them to adjust, we wait for David outside our tent. David didn't keep us waiting long. A good thing to because I don't think Kiri could have waited any longer.

      "Are you sure you want to do this?" David asked Kiri and I again. "I don't want to bring you along only for you to regret it."

      I could feels Kiri's eyes in me so I look towards her. Her eyes showed determination and I knew that she wanted to go. Simultaneously, we say, "We're going."

      "Lets go then." Turning on his heel, David leads us to the back of our camp. When we get there, I see three horses. One is a sleek brown mare with a darker brown mane and matching tail. The second one is brown and white with a white main mane and brown tail. Then the last one has a white mane and tail as well as a white body.

      "Oh my. Their beautiful." I whisper under my breath.

     Walking towards the pure brown mare, David replies, "they are aren't they."

     My eyes were wide as I walked up to the snow white one. "What are their names?"

     "This brown one here is Buck. He's a little feisty near strangers but he sure is a loyal horse." As he spoke he gracefully hoped into the sattle. "The white one is Snow White. I think you will get along with her just fine. And the other one doesn't have a name."

      "What!" I gasp. You mean their ours?"

      Chuckling at my amazement, David replied, "they sure are."

      "Kiri! You should come here." I glanced over my shoulder at Kiri who had not moved. "Come on Kiri. Their not going to bite."

     When Kiri showed no interest in moving, I walk back to her and grab her arm. Dragging her to the unnamed horse. Kiri simply shook her head, refusing to move or say anything. "Kiri. What's the matter?"

     Still she would not talk. It was like she was a statue. I gave up on trying to drag her towards the horse. Instead I brought the horse to her. All Kiri seemed able to do was follow the horse with her eyes. The closer the horse got the wider Kiri's eyes grew.  

      When the horse was an arms length away, I dropped it's reins. I was expecting it to stay by my side but the horse had a different idea. It tilted it's head to the side as it took a few steps forward. The mare had her nose only a few inches away from Kiri's nose, when it blew on her face. Slowly, the horse stretched her neck until her nose was right against Kiri's. Again it snorted and then started to snuggle into her neck.

      Kiri stood stock still when the mare snorted in her face. Soon she began to warm up to the friendly mare. She lifted her hands to stroke the mares nose.

      Taking a step backwards, Kiri laughs and whispers to the horse, "you're so beautiful. What's your name beautiful?"

      Riding up on his horse, David says, "she doesn't have a name. Do you have any ideas."

      "I think her name should be Bella. It mean beautiful in Latin-American. And she sure is beautiful." Kiri said, looking up at David.

      "That is true. I think that's a wonderful name. Now with that said and done, let go." Digging in his knees, David turns Buck around and leaves us to catch up.

      "Lets go Kiri!" I shout, practically jumping on Snow White. I wait until Kiri is mounted on Bella then spur Snow White into a gallop to catch up with David.

~~~~~

A/N - Please Read

So I have heard word that people think that I am switching between third and first person. For all those who think I am, I would just like to point out that I am writing in the eyes of either Liljana and Kiri. For example, in this chapter, I was writing from Liljana's P.O.V. so I was merely writing it as Liljana was watching. I hoped that cleared something up. Let me know if it didn't. Thanks for reading.