Chapter 1- Aim.... Fire!!

Liljana's P.O.V.

    "Hurry up Kiri!" I yell, leaping over a rock. It was nearing dark and you never wanted to be caught outside when it was dark. Kiri and I had been exploring in the Voirrey Mountains looking for things. Things that we could use.

    "Yeah, I'm coming." Kiri yelled in between breaths. That's when we saw the first arrow. The arrow came from behind us, soaring over our heads to land just meters away. Both Kiri and I stop in our tracks and look behind us.

     "Who shot that?" I asked Kiri, scanning the mountain face.

     We were both looking for the shooter when I saw something from the corner of my eye. "Kiri look out!" I shout shoving her out of the way before I dove to the side myself. A second after we moved the arrow impaled itself in the ground that we had just been standing on. From where the arrow was shot, a figure in a brown hooded cloak drifted from behind a boulder. But neither Kiri or I saw it.

     "Thanks Liljana. What would I do without you hey?" Kiri said getting up, only to have to flop back down onto the rock covered ground because an arrow was flying towards her head.

     Looking around I get up while saying, "We've got to get out of here. Let's go." Pulling her back up on her feet, Kiri and I run to our village again. The longer we ran, more and more arrows were fired at us.

     We were almost at the bottom when a huge volley of arrows come from behind us. It was at that very moment when I found myself falling towards the ground, bare feet no longer on the cold rocky earth.

~~~~

Kiri's P.O.V.

     Liljana and I were running side by side. I was wracking my brain, trying to think, who was aiming at us. Then it struck me.  "Liljana! It's the Bozhidar tribe. The people of the mountains! Liljana?" She wasn't replying. Maybe she already new that. All the same I stopped for a few seconds to look behind me. Just as I look, I see Liljana do something that looked like a dive. A good thing too because about a dozen arrows skimmed over her head, landing just in front of her snout. 

     "Oh my goddess!" I hear her say, brushing her blond bangs out her eyes to stare at the arrows. Then, looking at me through forst green eyes, she says, "that was a close one. Lets get going."

     "OK." I say, helping her back to her feet. "Lucky thing you  dived. But that probably wasn't necessary." 

     "I know. I tripped." Liljana said, making me laugh.

     "The graceful Liljana? Tripping?That's unheard of!" I say sarcastically, both Liljana and I burst out laughing.

     Looking around Liljana states, "hey, I think they've stopped shooting."

      I glance up myself, nodding because it seemed that they had, "I think it was the Bozhidar tribe."

     "I was thinking the same thing. They were probably just protecting their territory." After she says that, we continue our hike to the village.

~~~~~

A\N

What do you think of my new story? Umm I have to give credit to DawnArt for she gave me the idea for this book. Because of that, I am making her the character Liljana. Now I know there is only like 1 descriptor but I plan to go back and add some. So have patients and please don't give me a rough time about it.