chapter forty

Lauren's POV

FaceTiming with my best friend after not seeing her for quite a while, was a nice distraction from school and getting used to living in my own room again. Leigh and I caught up on the last couple of weeks, with her mostly telling me about her adventurous stories. I told her about my mom and how things were going between Camila and I. We spent a lot of time on expressing how happy we would be to see each other during Christmas. Her parents will join her on the trip back to their native country and our excitement has no end.

Our conversation finished when Camila walked into my room and greeted me with pure joy radiating from her body language, she was antsy and jumpy, but in a positive way, the grin plastered on her face ensured me of it. My girlfriend talked for a minute with my best friend, but then we said our goodbyes and I greeted the beautiful brunette properly.

On Wednesdays we didn't get to spend the afternoons together, because I decided on returning to my basketball team and on those days I had practice. It was only my third practice but the whole team, along with our coach were ecstatic to see me back on track.

So, we agreed we would visit each other whenever we had a chance, and I guess due to me being busy with catching up with Leigh, I didn't notice any messages from Camila telling me she would come over.

I pulled her in for a hug, but not before I kissed her passionately, yet still delicately. Her whole demeanor screamed that she was fragile and it made me want to be as cautious as possible with her, both her strong feelings and her petite body.

Our lips smashed together and our breaths were caught in our throat. Hands lost in our hair or under a shirt, stroking each other's skin. Not spending every night in each other's arms resulted in missing her so much after such a short time. No time spent with her felt enough and almost none of the things we did to release our love for one another felt sufficient.

Instantly, my mind went back to the thoughts I had been trying to suppress for a few weeks now.

Sex.

Do I want it? I think I do. Is it going to be horrible if we're both inexperienced? Are we ready? Does Camila want the same thing? Haven't we been together for too little time to do this?

Those questions would start bugging me anytime we did anything more passionate than just a kiss. There would be more make-out sessions, more glances with eyes that screamed lust, more innocent touches that later turned into not so innocent moves, more jokes considering this topic, jokes that were half-serious.

I could sense some of those questions lingering in Camila's head at some point as well, but neither of us tried talking it out. As long as we were happy with how things looked, I don't think there was a need to speak of it.

When we feel ready, we'll just start the topic. At least I will.

Maybe we won't be needing to talk about it, and we'll do things that we feel ready for, not having to discuss it.

"Hey Laur, what you thinking about?" Camila's voice rang in my head. "I thought it was me who got lost in their thoughts." She quipped.

"Oh, just something." I chuckled nervously. "I'll tell one day." I smiled for reassurance and gave her a chaste kiss on the temple.

"Alright," the brunette breathed, knowing too well that pushing me to talk about something was never a good idea. "Anyway, I didn't come here just to spend time with my amazing girlfriend."

"Really? What for then? If she's that amazing, I don't know what else could bring you here." I witted and kept looking at the beautiful smile of hers, absolutely mesmerized.