chapter thirty four

Camila's POV

English went by smoothly. Forasmuch as the teacher is new to the school, she wanted to get to know all of us. She didn't start asking us to introduce ourselves and what we were interested in before she did it herself. She told us a few facts about herself, like, she lived in a studio apartment and she had seven cats in there waiting for her to get home from work. I kinda wish she could work from home (I'M SO SORRY I COULDN'T RESIST), because I feel so sorry for the cats. What if one of them gets hungry too early, because the other one ate the food which was meant for the first one? Like, you never know, c'mon.

As for me, I managed to stutter a few words about myself. It wasn't too hard, considering I haven't let go of Lauren's hand for the entire period. It gained some looks, even from the teacher but none of them seemed to mind. Maybe they just thought we were cute together.

Only if we were together, ha.

I was dreading the bell, because it meant being separated from Lauren for a whole hour and I don't know how I would take it.

"But Camie, it's science, your favorite one. You don't have to be scared of anything." Lauren tried to calm me down.

"I know.." I mumbled, as we passed a bunch of unfamiliar faces in the hallway. Well, unfamiliar to me. Lauren seemed to know half of the people who were there. Someone greeted her with a high-five, a fist bump or a simple 'hello' at least once every 30 seconds.

Yet she still made sure to make me feel better. Too precious.

"You can always text me, but be careful. You wouldn't want Mr. Rogers to catch you." she answered mysteriously.

"Why?"

"Never mind," she smirked and wiggled her eyebrows. "Let's wait until you find out. Or not. That's up to you, babe." She winked and chuckled to herself.

"You're no fun," I pouted, knowing it was Lauren's weakness.

"Stop that!" she pointed her index finger at me and reprimanded me sternly. "You're way too aware of the fact that you're not allowed to do it."

"I'm just being fair, Lauren. Or maybe unfair, that's up to you." I mimicked her words from just seconds ago. She stuck her tongue out and we giggled when a boy much older than the both of us eyed us with an unreadable expression.

"Well, that's it. We're here." Lauren made an abrupt stop in front of one of the opened doors.

"What do you have now?"

"World History,"

"Oh, God." I breathed.

"What?" she asked, confused.

"Dunno, I can't imagine myself learning this. I'd die or something." I explained.

"Or something?" she repeated mockingly and cackled.

"Shush.. go now, I don't want you to be late because of me." I reminded the raven-haired girl.

"Alright, alright. So remember, don't leave the class until you see me standing right here, waiting for you. Is that clear?" she asked for the millionth time.

"Yeees, Lauren." I groaned. "I really appreciate everything you do for me, but I'm not a child."

"Well, you're my baby. That's enough." Lauren smiled adorably and it was enough for the blood in my body to pump faster.

"I'm gonna hug you now," I said timidly before I wrapped my arms around her neck, pulling her in as close as possible. I inhaled her scent for comfort and I became calm instantly, that's what this girl does to me. "Have fun," I had whispered in her ear right before I gave her a short kiss on the cheek. She blushed lightly and kept on smiling.