03.

☁   ☁   ☁   ☁ 

isobel's pov

I sit there staring up at my wall, where lyrics scribbled in a familiar messy handwriting are tacked up above my bed. My laptop heats the flesh of my thighs beneath it as it waits for me to type away on it, giving it some sort of direction. 

Do I even want to know? 

My head is still spinning from this evening with Luke. It was honestly one of the most terrifying, yet unbelievable experiences in my life. I had no idea what he'd look like, but the moment I laid eyes on him, I knew it couldn't be anyone else but my Luke. 

The awkwardness was there initially - I mean, it would be impossible to not have it, especially when I'm involved - but that melted away quickly. Once we both realized we can skip the uncomfortable first impressions, and generic questions, it fell into something that felt... normal.

But that all was jumbled into a state of confusion within the last thirty seconds of our date - oh god, I didn't just call it a date, did I? Was I supposed to? Was it a date? Oh no...

I bite anxiously on my bottom lip as I replay the incident in my mind. The girl - who I had watched eyeing Luke up the entire evening, much to her boyfriend's dismay - had asked Luke for a picture, which tells me that there's a detail of his life that he's failed to tell me about. 

He couldn't be famous, could he? I would have heard about someone like Luke, I'm sure of it. Though... I am rather out of the loop when it comes to music. I never really go out of my comfort zone while listening to music. I usually keep it to the classic music I grew up on; artists like Nirvana, Led Zepplin, The Rolling Stones, and of course Queen. 

So that leaves me here, staring at my laptop, fingers itching to type Luke's name into the google search bar, hoping it'll give me some answers. 

The only thing that stops me is the fact that Luke has been obviously keeping this from me. Perhaps he doesn't want me to know whatever it is that he's famous for. And as his friend, I can't help but to feel that I need to respect his wishes. 

But the answers are only a click away...

Letting out a groan, I slump over in my bed, sprawling out like the laziest creature on Earth. Staring up at my ceiling, I try my hardest to weigh out the pros and cons of the situation. 

Pros: By not looking it up, I would be respecting my best friend's wishes. I also would be leaving a bit of a mystery to our relationship. And not to mention the fact that what I find, could potentially change the way I see Luke, and I don't want that to happen. 

Cons: By not looking it up, I could be running the risk of being lied to about something drastic. I'm more than likely going to send myself into insanity with this whole thing. And also, maybe Luke wanted me to look it up, so that he didn't have to tell me in person why it is girls ask him for photos. 

I pull up google, my fingers shaking - a definite sign that I am in fact, a drama queen. But before I can type Luke's name in the search bar, I realize that I do not know his last name.

Knitting my eyebrows together, I stumble off my bed, rushing over to my desk. I throw open the bottom drawer and pull out neatly folded letter after neatly folded letter. Rushed, I scan the bottoms of each letter, noticing one thing in common with them all.

He failed to ever sign using his full name; he simply wrote 'luke'. 

I let out a frustrated sigh as I run my fingers through my tangled mess of brown hair, knowing I'm not going to get very far simply searching 'Luke'.