letter 553

♫  ♫  ♫  ♫

Dear Isobel,

          I'm sure you'll be cute old lady, Is. Adorable, even.

         Anyways, it's disappointing to hear Ryan didn't end up with you. I've been cheering him on for a while now. It'd be a good love story to tell, that you ended up with your seventh grade love. Aha.

        I'm glad you were kidding. I wasn't that sappy, was I?

       They sound nice. Tell me more about them, maybe? I'm sure you're not the odd one out. You're exaggerating. You over-think everything, Is. I've noticed.

        It's kind of a cover - you know what I mean? I'm only using it to try and convince myself. It's terrifying to not believe in the world. I just try to be a glass half full. I think we're all really half empties, though. 

        I'm a cancer. I just looked it up so I could say something clever about it to you. According to google, I'm dependable and adaptable. (and moody and clingy, apparently)

        I've got the beginning of a song. It's personal and depressing but I figure you deserve to see it.

     i know we won't last long
     young lovers like us never do.

     but maybe, young love can't be wrong.
     at least i'd like to think so. 

     soon we'll be through and done,
     but first i'd like to settle down some.

     we could buy a house
     raise some kids. 

     followed by a messy divorce,
     which i'd obviously win.

     and then we'll grown old.
     live our separate lives.

     maybe you'll try to forget me,
     out of the grief and the strife.

        You better send me that painting! I'm looking forward to it. 

                             Yours,
                                   Luke

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

an: shoutout to kenzi for writing these actual lyrics. isn't she just the most talented little angel you've ever met?