Cut Scene - Part One

Star and Garrett's Cut Scene
___________________

*back to the day he rejected her*

Eyes raging with the rage I felt towards Garrett, I let my hand fly into the nearest locker, watching the metal bend from my hit. There were no words to describe how I felt. Angry? Betrayed? In pain? A whimper passed through me and I slid down the lockers, banging my head against them in rage.

How dare he reject me! No one rejects Star West, dang it!

My body began to burn up, and I ripped my dress, air breathing down on the little skin showing above my knees. I took a deep breath, and put my hair up in a bun. Could I do this?

My eyes began to brim with tears, and I rubbed them furiously, growling at myself angrily.

"You will not cry." I whispered to myself and looked at my hands.

"Is that what you'll be telling yourself?"

Looking up, I looked into the soft eyes of Garrett. My mate. That...jerk.

"Get lost." I growled out, and stood, turning on my heel to walk off.

He grabbed my arm, sparks shooting through me, and it took everything in my willpower to not lean up and pull him to me.

"Star, I love you. But I just...can't be with you."

I blinked and glared darkly. "Explain why."

"Why?"

"Explain why you can't be with me!"

He sighed, and pulled me down to the floor with him, holding me close.

So many sparks....

"I can't have a mate at the moment, Star. I need to focus on my alpha duties. I need to focus on my parents. Everything."

"That's a cheap excuse."

"Yeah, at least I'm not lying to you."

"How do I know that!" I yelled and shoved off of him, standing up.

"Because I'm your mate! Believe me!"

"You just want to be with her!"

"Who?"

"Marcia! So screw you Garrett! I hate you!"

Turning on my heel, I felt him grab onto my elbow and pull me to him before crashing our lips together.

My heart sped up furiously as the sparks between us ignited. I wanted to do nothing more than kiss him like this forever.

"Believe me..." He whispered in my ear.

"No..."

I moved away, wiping the tears off my eyes and looked down as I clenched my hands into fists.

"I will never believe you, Garrett. You rejected me. You'll never get me back."